Okoto in Minecraft (Map/Experiment) UP FOR DOWNLOAD!

still look at how deep the teraces are in this picture, they are so small a child can’t drown unless drowned by someone else

Ah, I see what you’re saying.

Well then, ignoring that fact that minecraft water is a meter deep, it’s still good to have a fence in order to keep people and animals out in order to prevent the crops from being trampled.

use a mod for lower water, or you could make very short fences

i don’t think the city would have terrace farms, rural areas would like vllage of water

when you get to the village of water use lava farms under the sea “lava terrace farms”

It’s… Not that simple.

First of all, you’d have to find a mod that does that for 1.8, which I highly doubt exists. Then, even if you can, everyone that wants to play the map has to be capable of using mods(which immediately excludes a lot of people just based on their computers’ specs). And after all that, you’re now placing the playability of the map in more modern versions on whether or not that mod is willing to update.

Trust me, if I could easily use mods without the inherent troubles, I would’ve added custom NPCs a long time ago.

I can’t imagine that they would be able to feed that whole city on imports given how isolated it is. Additionally, Incan cities were known to have terraced farms, which is why I chose to use that style of agriculture to start with.

Wait… What? If I place lava underwater, it will just turn into obsidian, not to mention that the concept doesn’t really make much sense to start with. Why would they hydrate their crops with lava? Wouldn’t they just harvest seaweed and/or other underwater crops? Or perhaps do their agriculture above water?

1 Like

lower water mod

• the most graphic intensive mod in muncraft.

[quote=“Garnira, post:125, topic:12303”]
Wait… What? If I place lava underwater, it will just turn into obsidian, not to mention that the concept doesn’t really make much sense to start with. Why would they hydrate their crops with lava? Wouldn’t they just harvest seaweed and/or other underwater crops? Or perhaps do their agriculture above water?
[/quote]use glass above it they farm with lava exporting it to the city of the mask makers
the lava teraces lead into a cave system that is a mine the lava is also used in lamps and lights for their huts

[quote=“Garnira, post:125, topic:12303”]
I can’t imagine that they would be able to feed that whole city on imports given how isolated it is. Additionally, Incan cities were known to have terraced farms, which is why I chose to use that style of agriculture to start with.
[/quote] incan citys didnt put fences around it

You still have to be able to run forge, regardless of what mods are installed.

Wouldn’t it make more sense for the fire region to do that?

How would you know? All we have left is stone ruins. Wood from that era has undoubtedly rotted away by now.

1 Like

While I’m fine with the fences, maybe you could replace them with barrier blocks.

Barrier blocks are 100% invisible and unbreakable, thus are something you would use if you(the map maker) don’t want people to access a certain area. I’m going for semi-realism, not in-game practicality. I’m not personally worried about people and animals that shouldn’t be allowed into the farm areas getting in. That’s just something I imagine the inhabitants at the time would be concerned about.

1 Like

underwater volcanos :wink: it also links to a massive tunnel network that goes to every village
including the great city,

[quote=“Garnira, post:128, topic:12303”]
How would you know? All we have left is stone ruins. Wood from that era has undoubtedly rotted away by now.
[/quote] you must also remember that the farms were set away from the city by a bit

Once again, where is the evidence?

It makes more logical sense for them to have crops growing in/around the city given how difficult it is to move goods in bulk up steep hills. However, that’s kind of beside the point. The ancient city has terraced farms in my rendition of it, therefore proper precautions are taken to avoid unintentional injury or damages to the crops.

oh and i believe only in asia water was used on the farms

Ok, first off, you should use commas to help make your sentences make more sense.
Second, water is required to grow crops.
Third, why do you think that, only in Asia, people had irrigation?

i didn’t say only Asians had irrigation facepalm

That really sounds like you’re saying you believe that only Asians had irrigation.

i was meanin gon terrace farms not normal farms face palm

You need to clarify next time, all you need to do is type a few extra words so that people don’t get confused.

Do you still have room to put people’s heads, and/or need help with the map? I’m not a builder, but I’ll help however I can. My Minecraft username is Emuex.

There’s still room! :smile:

That reminds me, so how can join the map to help build?

I don’t have a server dedicated to work on it or anything like that(currently). I might try and coordinate a community game night once the 2015 stuff is all filled in, but that’s a ways down the road.

What I’d like you to do is just make a superflat world and build some structures, then you can either send me each structure in schematic form or just give me the whole world to download.

From there, I’ll import the ruins and place them about the ancient city. :smile:

3 Likes