Old School Style Gali and Tahu

Lately I find myself drawn to the older Bionicle aesthetic when making MOCs. So these two builds are attempting to capture that look and feel.

Back

Prisma

74 Likes

They look really cool. I think Gali would look better if she had two of the same weapon though.

7 Likes

Cool stuff! But gali needs those hooks!

6 Likes

Pretty cool mocs, the only criticism I can give to them is with Gali.

Firstly, I feel like she would look better with her Mata mask instead of her Nuva mask. Secondly, I feel that the choice of armor add ons on her legs are too bulky, personally I think it would look much better if you just remove the armor add ons and just change the position of the armor shell to make them face foreword. And thirdly, just me nit picking, I feel that she should have different weapons.

With that being said, I still really like how these turned out.

6 Likes

I’m not getting much of a G1 vibe going here, and it seems your taking a toll on those toes recently.

Tahu:
Looks rather feminine from head to hips, the grey doesn’t seem to work on this moc, and that sword design is fitting-

Gali:
Most of my opinion is agreed upon Regegadespark; the toes is kinda distracting and the color scheme goes around fine.

4 Likes

This is a really cool concept, and I find it interesting that you used a lot of Herofactory pieces for an “older aesthetic”. I personally like Gali more, but that’s probably because Gali is one of my favorite Toa anyways. I could see Tahu benefiting with a little less gray, and Gali with either no keto-orange or no… light blue? The Kaukau Nuva, no matter how weird I find the mask, would probably look better than the Mata simply because of the color. I do like the foot build, and the Boh-rok shields look cool! Could you do the others in this way as well?

3 Likes

These are pretty sweet, nothing to complain about really.

1 Like

Both of these are really good. My only problem is that their backs look kind of plain and I’m not a huge fan of the hero cores. Other than that they look awesome!

1 Like

I would say to replace the kaukau, just to see how it looks, find a longer armor piece for tahu’s thighs, as the armor addon pronounces the hips a bit much, and give gali two of the same weapon.
Otherwise, great!

1 Like

Well played, sir.

1 Like

Awesome! Love the style!

1 Like

These look really cool!

That being said, I’m not sure how well they capture the old Bionicle aesthetic. G1 Bionicle was always hyper-detailed and textured, and I feel there’s still too many smooth pieces here to really mimic that.

I also think you could maybe swap the armor styles on these two. Tahu’s armor seems more slim and seems like it would fit Gali better, and Gali looks bulkier and that might fit Tahu better.

I really love Tahu’s sword, by the way, that looks awesome!

Overall, they look really awesome, just maybe not as close to the G1 aesthetic as intended.

4 Likes

Good gosh these are great, only criticism is Gali’s sword.

2 Likes

Swapping the armor for each would be neat. Unfortunately they don’t make those rounded pieces in blue.

As to the old school style, put it this way - compared to all of my other Gali and Tahu builds, these are much closer to the original incarnations. So in this case, the old schoolyness is relative to my previous builds rather than LEGO’s.

Some examples:

Burning Heart Tahu

Tahu of the Ascendent Flame

Zord Style Tahu

G2 Gali

Zord Style Gali

9 Likes

Really nice but i’m not super sold on the hero cores

1 Like

Ah, I get you now, thanks for clarifying!

1 Like

Once again you’ve made an excellent moc

1 Like

Well look at that, you successfully integrated red axles and blue pins.