Old School Style Pohatu

Tried 3 different masks for this one. I also swapped out the shoulder pads. Which do you think looks best?

Kakama

Pakari

Nuva

Back

With Lewa

Prisma

I gotta ask, what is up with those Nuva masks? They’re so odd compared to every other iteration of mask. And they’re like twice as large as they should be. Were they received positively when they came out?

63 Likes

I think I like the mata mask and metro shoulder armor the best. This looks great as usual. I also really like the change to Lewa’s axe.

4 Likes

I personally would go with the Nuva mask and the Metru shoulders. Not much I can say about the MOC except it’s nice, as are the rest of these “Old School Style” MOCs.

I’m looking forward to see how you do Onua.

2 Likes

I would go with the same options as @Toa_Distraxx.

1 Like

My only issue is how thin he kinda looks , but considering his mask is based on speed I’m not going to nitpick

I think the Mata Mask looks the best. Great moc!

1 Like

No gaint clown shoes 0/10.

But really this moc is pretty great! The texturing is pulled off pretty well.

This moc gets the old feel very well i would say the kakama mata works best with the design its so smooth

1 Like

the best so far and my fav toa.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen in the fanbase, the Nuva masks aren’t too popular in my circles of it. I don’t really like them either. The organic element looks bizarre and out of place on the rest of it. Lewa’s, the least organic of them, looks absolutely nothing like the old Miru, and that urks me because I really like the Miru. The Hau is veiny and weird, the Kaukau is just… no. And yeah, I don’t really like any of them.

3 Likes

I like the Nuva mask with the metru shoulder pads the most

1 Like

This is my favorite of the old school style Mocs. Also I kind of favor the old Kakama and the metru shoulders.

2 Likes

The Kakama mata looks the best, great work on this moc.

3 Likes

Thanks man. The Kakama is my preference as well.

2 Likes

I feel like the Kakama and the Metru shoulder pads would work best; the Pakari looks too skinny and the Kakama Nuva sticks out too far and is too large proportionally to the rest of the figure

also I feel like the chestplate design you used sticks out too much, but maybe that’s just me.