One Piece Discussion

738 episodes

so I decided to watch One Piece
I enjoy it
but I am still watching
I am up to episode 28

at least One Piece alongside HunterXHunter (and potentially Dragonball Super and maybe some other Anime) are filling the gap whilst I wait for the Vento Aureo anime

2 Likes

I’ve just finished reading Volume 2, and will probably start Volume 3 tonight. I’m not sure how much money will be dumped into this hole if i’m honest but the series is quite charming so far. I’ve heard reading the manga is substantially better than watching the show, and it seems just my type of weird and wacky.

Yeah, I would suggest the manga over the anime, it is faster paced and does not have quite as much filler.

As far as watching the anime, I’d suggest watching until the time skip, and just continue the series with the manga. And even though most of the filler arcs are skippable, there are a notable few that the fan base deem to be pretty good.

I’m an anime-only watcher personally, I accept and acknowledge its numerous flaws but I couldn’t fathom watching One Piece without the awesome music.

BTW Whole Cake is probably one of the most solid arcs of the entire series.

-Mesonak

3 Likes

I am definitely a big fan of the One Piece anime, but the overall quality of the show seems to have degraded since the timeskip. Despite the many issues that the anime suffers from, I still continue to watch and enjoy it.

It’s getting pretty intense too!

DREAMIN! DON"T GIVE IT UP LUFFY!
DREAMIN! DON’T GIVE IT UP ZOLO!
DREAMIN! DON’T GIVE IT UP NAMI!
DREAMIN! DON’T GIVE IT UP…GIVE IT UP…GIVE IT UP…
YO! HERE’S HOW THE STORY GOES…

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…I have a soft spot for that terrible opening.

GIVE ME A CHOCOLATE-BASED DEVIL FRUIT! I WANT CHOCOKINESIS! I would be willing to give up the ability to swim, I hate swimming.

Yayo-yayooo!!

1 Like

A couple of days ago I finally caught up. It took 307 days from when I first decided to start, which averages out to about 2.7 episodes a day.

I still miss the vanilla soccer balls…