Ooble Gabootle

Ooble Gabootle

A mysterious creature from The Outer Dimension. Can often be found selling wares (that may or may not be stolen, he refuses to answer) in Dreejal Vin.

my first substantial moc in a long time with no ccbs

52 Likes

Wow. Incredible use of Galidor Parts…

Every time I see a Galidor MOC it takes me a moment to realise that it’s actually Lego.

MOC looks cool though, nice job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait… that’s Lego???

It’s kinda… cute

What sorcery did you use to peg in that Mixel eye?

1 Like

I love him, he’s got so much personality, and the little description helps so much.

1 Like

The name really fits for this thing…

Are we talkin’ 'bout the same MOC?

1 Like

I think it’s funny that Galador was heavily criticized for the specialized pieces and lack of compatibility with other pieces. Everyone thought that you couldn’t do anything interesting or creative with them.

But in the last year I’ve seen at least a couple dozen really good and creative mocs that heavily utilize Galador parts.

Sure sure

@LegoDavid
@Ozkabot
@SonicBionicleMaster
@MaxinePrimal
Thanks, everyone! Galidor is definitely a bizarre building system, for sure :smile: but its got its quirks. I think you could say that it’s because of the heavy criticism of the system that we’ve had so many fun new Galidor mocs recently, and I’m hoping to see some more of them.

@Leoxander
Just a standard half pin. The sockets are deep in Galidor pieces but you can use a snug bar piece to remove them most of the time. Fortunately, on that specific part of the Shimmel torso, the hole goes all the way through to the other side, so you can also push it out from the back.

@TheMOCingbird
@Toa_Radrix
Thanks! I find naming and writing for my characters difficult so I’m happy to hear it worked out in the end :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Alright! A Galidor MOC!
Nice usage of parts!

1 Like