Oomatu Art: Rahi Concepts Megathread

Very well done.

1 Like

Something that has just depressingly occurred to me is this fellow’s section:

Probably a lot better than my interpretations, though Oomatu’s designs are of course top in this case.

3 Likes

I think the tarakava should like, have really short legs and a really long torso that sorta bends forward at the bottom like the tarakava in g1 but with legs.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one; the cast seem to think so too. I might wait until see Oomatu’s input, since I was adapting from his design. In the meantime, I’ve sturdied up the Kraawa.

1 Like

Bonesiii’s stuff sucks in my opinion.

I’m very self conscious. I was also operating off comparisons between our Takea. I still need to sort out a proper design, although Oomatu tends to be the superior designer.

1 Like

He doesn’t yet, but I do.

One day people will be able to spell my usernames right, but that day was not one of them :smiley:

1 Like

And to think that I consciously corrected it the other day…
At least the cast can pronounce yours. They got there in the end with mine, but regardless it was rather amusing.

1 Like

They also confused me with Sokoda, Which was my goal at the time but still. Oh also, I have a design for the mahi but it’s way too big, need to work on it.

1 Like

So I was wondering are we getting anything like this?

or this?

Just asking.

Well somehow, it just went into this:

Maybe for the Bohrok?

I don’t remember whether or not Kanohi Dragons were part of the lore. I might redo the Tahtorak at some point though.

cough pacific rim Kaiju cough please Oomatu give meh moah cough

Gah, I can’t figure out which post to reply to, so I just went with this one. EDIT: OH MY GOODNESS, THE DAY GAP CANNOT BE A COINCIDENCE.

Went and cobbled this together for fun. Not final, of course, and not necessarily canon. If there’s any Rahi (aside from the ones of mine that I haven’t included) that are missing, let me know.

BRICKONICLE Bestiary

Archive-Mole: (Sokoda) Large mole-like Rahi that make their homes in the depths of the Archive’s root system. Though harmless to Matoran, the Tiroans have had little success in taming them due to the species’ skittish nature. When confronted with danger, Archive-Moles flee for the nearest small space and squeeze into it with remarkable flexibility.

Archive-Moles have sharp claws on their front limbs for digging in the dirt and uncovering tubers and roots, and padded hind limbs for swift escapes. Their spiny hides allow them some protection in spaces too small for them to escape entirely.

Artahka Mantis: (Sokoda) Carnivorous insectoid Rahi that can be found crawling through the treetops of the Great Forest or venturing into Kanae and Motara. Artahka Mantis primarily feed on other insect Rahi, including Nui-Rama and Sand Scuttlers, resulting in their celebration in Kanae and their cursing in Motara from angry travellers. They are also known to be partial to juvenile Bohrok.

Though they have not been tamed, their relatively docile nature around non-insectoid life makes them easy to capture and pen. Tiroans occasionally release batches of Artahka Mantis into tunnel systems to flush out other Rahi, keeping them in stasis in the Archive until they are needed. Their bladed arms allow them to hold foes in close quarters and inject them with a sedative, which Tiroan healers extract for use in the Archives.

Bohrok: (VelociJACKtor) These insectoid reptiles are an unusual species. What little is known about them only serves to deepen the mystery surrounding them. As young Va they mature when paired with a parasitic krana, which extracts energy directly from prey without killing them. When they mature into Bohrok, the krana inhabit their bulbous skull pouches. Bohrok are genderless until they reach full maturity, where they take on a gender dependent on the current health of their Gahdok; if the current Gahdok is weak or old, they will mature into the bipedal and more powerful Gahdok and overthrow the current Gahdok. If the Gahdok is stronger, they are more likely to become a rogue Cahdok, which is a more agile and swift quadruped who leads rogue Bohrok swarms.

Even amongst such a strange life cycle, the most mysterious aspect of the Bohrok is their apparent hive mind. A Matoran who had a krana attached to his face described a constant stream of discernible voices, suggesting a higher intelligence than that of a normal Rahi. He theorized that this would explain their higher sensitivity to Artahka’s elemental fields.

There are six varieties of Bohrok in all forms; Mangai’s Tahnok, who are capable of breathing fire, Naho’s amphibious Gahlok, Tiro’s burrowing Nuhvok, Kanae’s Lehvak, with acidic venom, Motara’s Pahrak, with rock-hard skin, and Ihu’s Kohrak, who can breathe ice.

Burnak: (Sokoda) Burnak are a species of tiger-like Rahi found all across Artahka. Similar to Bohrok and Gafna, Burnak are sensitive to the elemental fields of Artahka, which results in six different varieties; the heat-resistant Fire Burnak, the agile Air Burnak, the tough-skinned Stone Burnak, the powerful swimming Water Burnak, the cold-resistant Ice Burnak and the tunneling Earth Burnak.

Burnak are easy to tame and care for due to their varied diet and their friendly nature, and surprisingly strong, though they are rarely used for carting anything beyond small chariots. They can also make excellent Rahi for herding and taming other Rahi. Their armoured bodies can resist extensive punishment.

Crystal Climber: (Sokoda) Crystal Climbers are large quadrupeds tamed by the Ihuans for use in patrols. Their bladed tails and strong claws allow them to grip the ice securely, allowing them to cover terrain unconquerable by other terrestrial Rahi, and their armoured hides are slick with ice, making them difficult to grab in a fight.

Crystal Climbers are opportunistic omnivores. Their preferred food is other small Rahi, but tamed Climbers are usually fed stock food. Some wild Crystal Climbers have been known to venture into the jungles of Tiro and Kanae, where their adaptations serve them well in clambering across the vegetation and cliffs.

Dynastieke: (Kardax) Dynastieke are giant subterranean beetles. Despite their fearsome appearance, they are actually quite docile herbivores, akin to insectoid Mahi in behaviour and temperament, and they were tamed not long after the first Ussal. Their armoured hides make them more useful for more dangerous endeavours than the swifter Ussal.

Years of subterranean life and their subsequent growth in size have rendered the Dynastieke too heavy to fly, but their wings can still be used to propel them over surprising distances when needed. Their sheer size and armour keep them safe from all but the most dangerous and desperate predators; Dynastieke are not easily spooked.

Frost Beetle: (Oomatu) Frost Beetles are ill-tempered insects that are a constant thorn in the sides of the local lords and serfs. Overpopulation forces Frost Beetles to seek out alternative food sources, often including Ihuan crops and resource groves. The Ihuan guards have subsequently become very familiar with Frost Beetles and their armaments.

Frost Beetles are frighteningly strong, with powerful bladed limbs and claws that allow them to scale even icy surfaces. Their most common tactics are to make sweeping attacks with their main blades; they use their smaller arms for foraging and manipulating food. Frost Beetles live in underground colonies deep within the mountains, which provide surprising insulation for them and their eggs.

Ghekula: (Oomatu) Ghekula are small amphibians that live in the swamps near Naho. They are relatively tame animals, and often kept as pets by Nahoans and Tiroans. Ghekula excrete a slime that can be used in medicine, which Tiro make use for primarily for the care of Rahi in the Great Archive, though they also export it to other regions.

Ghekula are plucky little animals, defending themselves with small tusks. However, their natural defences are of little use against larger predators. Therefore, their main defences are the terrain that they live in and their keen senses, allowing them to avoid predators. When the group is alerted to a predator, they scatter into the swamps, vanishing into the muck.

Graalok: (Sanokal) Also known as Ash Bears, Graalok are among the more common Rahi found in Mangai, though they can also be spotted in the Tiroan and Kanaean forests. Graalok are fiercely temperamental and territorial, which make them excellent guard Rahi if tamed, but this very nature can make dealing with them hazardous. Graalok live in small families until the young venture out on their own, eager to claim territory.

Graalok are powerful and determined fighters, but they can be slower than some of the quicker Rahi on Artahka. They are loyal and intelligent Rahi; a Matoran who helps an injured Graalok will have gained a staunch ally at best, and a grateful friend at worst. Graalok are also somewhat honourable; if bested or outcompeted when they attack, they will leave their quarry alone and allow them to leave their territory.

Great Temple Squid: (Sokoda) Named for their habit of dwelling in the Temple of Akida, the Great Temple Squid are peaceful creatures that serve as a primary food source for Nahoans. Their bright colours stand out in the open water, so they usually stick to the crags of the temple and the bright coral reefs. Young Squid are more adventurous, venturing into the open water and jetting away at high speeds.

Gukko: (Everyone except Sanokal that made 'em)The majestic, four-winged Gukko start life as Matoran-sized hatchlings, who quickly mature into rideable juveniles. Gukko grow slowly, but their fully-grown forms are among the most powerful and beautiful aerial Rahi on Artahka. The Gukko are famous throughout Artahka as the Kanaean beasts of burden, ferrying goods and transporting their air force. The design of the Gukko is so ubiquitous that the Kanaean inventor Sokoda has prototyped a flight-capable vehicle based on the body plan of the Gukko.

Gukko are sky blue in colour, which lends well to camouflage, be it from predators when younger or enemies when used for military purposes. They often have projectile launchers mounted at the tail for defence regardless of purpose. They are largely peaceful herbivores, but they are fierce fighters when attacked.

Haowar: (Kardax) These majestic stags are considered symbols of status among Ihuan serfs, and they have many uses in an Ihuan household. Though considered inferior to Khorei, their higher numbers, swift speed and easily tamed nature make them more practical mounts. Haowar racing is a popular sport among Ihuans; their sure-footed nature means that courses can be charted over rough territory to add to the challenge of riding them.

Haowar are hardy creatures, scraping away snow from branches with their tusks and feeding on lichen. They are the primary prey species for most of Ihu’s predators; they travel in herds to minimize predation from Muaka and Koruhi. When forced to, they defend themselves with their steel horns, but most of the time they will flee from their enemies, agily dodging and leading them over rough terrain to deter them.

Kanaen Ahoa Stinger: (Kardax) Insectoid pests native to Kanae with a mild venom in their stings. They occasionally pass into Tiro and Naho, and are swiftly driven out of the regions when sighted. In comparison to Nui-Rama, Ahoa Stingers tangle with their prey in close quarters; grabbing them with their limbs and injecting them with their venom to subdue them. They are at a disadvantage against Artahka Mantis, which are immune to their venom.

Ahoa Stingers can swarm in high numbers, and like the Nui-Rama are rivals with Gukko. Their venom has been extracted by Tiroans and traded with other regions for use in hunting. They nest in trees, rather than the rocks and crags Nui-Rama prefer, and thus have minimal contact with the amphibious flyers.

Kane-Ra: (Oomatu) On an island with multiple strange and unique Rahi, the Kane-Ra are perhaps the strangest. These bovine herbivores have no hind legs, instead they are equipped with a fully-functional and motored wheel. This wheel enables them to build up massive speed when they charge, and they can bring themselves to a stop with surprising ease by digging their hooves into the ground and swinging around. They can also scale vertical surfaces by digging in their hooves and propelling themselves upward.

Kane-Ra are difficult to tame, but they are almost twice as strong as Mahi and more capable of defending themselves. Despite this, they are still the primary prey species for many predatory Rahi. They travel in small herds for protection, but their pride and tempers often break up these herds, and Kane-Ra herds are constantly changing in composition.

Kavinika/Koruhi: (Kardax) Also known as Frost Wolves or Koruhi among the royal family, these omnivorous Rahi have a strange history with the Ihuans. They have long been respected as noble creatures, but they are difficult to tame. Nevertheless, tamed Kavinika are loyal allies and steeds to their masters, and a select few serfs have taken up the practice of breeding Kavinika as military hounds or for land defence.

Kavinika have powerful, ice-like claws that afford them superb grip, which is part of the reason they are difficult to tame. They can cling to towers and icicles with ease, and launch ambushes from heights that most prey find difficult to defend against. Their keen sense of smell and hearing is extremely useful outside Ihu, as they are adapted to deal with the cold and wind.

Keras: (Sanokal) Distant relatives of the Ussal, these herbivorous shore crabs graze the Nahoan reefs for seaweed. They are a recent addition to daily life in Naho, but serve as a useful one. Their powerful claws in combination with the buoyancy of the waters make them extraordinarily useful cargo handlers. Tamed Keras are fitted with side-seats that allow two Matoran to be transported on their carapace.

Keras are able enough swimmers, but they are slow to move and vulnerable in open water. As a result, most wild Keras stick to the reefs and shores; only tamed Keras are ever seen in open waters, and these are rarely alone. Their claws are their primary weapons, while their legs can easily scuttle up most submerged surfaces.

Khorei: (Kardax) The largest Rahi in Ihu, the Khorei have long since outgrown any fear of predators bar Muaka and Ihuans. Their icy tusks have been coveted in the other regions, but since hunting Khorei regardless of the conditions is extraordinarily dangerous, they are relatively safe from poachers. A select few Khorei have been tamed for military purposes, largely to tow Battle Rams or ferry multiple Matoran across the field of battle.

Despite their power, Khorei are still threatened. Though rarely hunted, their numbers are kept low due to the scarcity of their food. Captive Khorei are kept fed with food imported from Kanae and Tiro, as their numbers are viewed as too low to source their food from the Ihuan wilderness.

Kikanalo: (Brickpiler, Sanokal) Mostly found in Motara, though also occasionally in Mangai, Kikanalo are perhaps the most physically balanced Rahi on the island, combining speed, intelligence, and power. They can leap great distances, topple carts with ease, and defend themselves adeptly with their claws and horns. When trained by Matoran, they can execute fairly complex strategies and even in wild herds, Kikanalo are not easily spooked and coordinate to defend themselves.

Kikanalo live in close family groups, which are maintained by their trainers when captive to promote their cooperation. The parents have only one or two young, and they nurture them and teach them as they grow. Juvenile Kikanalo are the easiest to train, so they are bred by their handlers and supplied if their parents are willing to part with them. Wild Kikanalo are subsequently rarely captured, but have the advantages of natural instinct.

Kraawa: (Oomatu) Kraawa are fearsome saurian Rahi who make their home in the jungles of Tiro. They are extremely resilient, but despite their sharp teeth and claws, they are actually herbivores with a passive nature. Kraawa feed on thick plant matter, crushing it with their powerful jaws, while their thick skulls can be used as powerful weapons.

Kraawa have been tamed by Tiroans for multiple purposes; sport, labour, and patrol. Their eyes change from blue to red when they sense danger, making them excellent scouts. They can run at high speed for extended periods due to their sails, which they can use to warm up and absorb energy from the sun. Kraawa are thus often found near clearings in the forest.

Krahli: (Sokoda) The Krahli is a large, relatively peaceful beetle that has been tamed for use in Motaran caravans. Their armoured carapace is often enhanced with scrapped parts from old machines, creating an almost invincible defence against most of the desert predators. Krahli feed on cactus, extracting the nutrients with their mandibles, heedless of the sharp spines.

Krahli are surprisingly mobile creatures. Their six legs can propel them across sand, stone, and water alike at high speeds. Even if flipped onto their backs, they can ■■■■■ their weight and struggle back to their feet rather quickly.

Kutoruka: (Kardax) Kutoruka are more dangerous squid Rahi than Great Temple Squid, but they have been successfully tamed by Nahoans for use in patrols. They are built for power and dexterity rather than speed, with tentacles strong enough to crush small boulders. Kutoruka are fiercely carnivorous Rahi, and require diligent handling to be kept under control.

Their shells are tougher than those of normal squid, with a primitive exoskeleton. As a result, they avoid deeper waters when exhausted. Their compact size makes them adept at navigating rivers and estuaries. Kutoruka are ambush hunters, concealing themselves in caves and sensing movement with their sensitive tentacles.

Lohrak: (Vicroen) Lohrak are winged, serpentine avian Rahi. In nature they tend to be filthy and ill-tempered, but when tamed and kept in the right conditions, their temperaments improve substantially. They tend to attack in swarms, mobbing their enemies until they bring them down. Tamed Lohrak need to be specifically trained to use hit-and-run tactics as a result to be effective fighters.

Lohrak live in the Kanaean forests, contributing to their slimy skin, and they are agile creatures despite their massive wingspan. They can wind and crawl through dense undergrowth with ease, but this affects their overall air speed. The claws on their tail can be used to grasp a Matoran with little effort.

Mahi: (Kardax) Mahi are the most common beast of burden in Motara. Less hostile than Kane-Ra, they fill a wide variety of roles ranging from farming, cart-pulling, weapon drawing, and steed. Mahi are surefooted, making them useful in the desert and the mountains alike, and wild Mahi are extremely capable of defending themselves from their few predators.

Mahi are commonly found and used in small herds of up to a dozen individuals; managing more can be difficult. Their sharp horns make attacks from the front and above difficult; ambush tactics are easily the most superior method of taking them down. However, if a Mahi is not quickly subdued, their resilience and power can quickly down their would-be attackers.

Muaka: (Oomatu) Muaka live in the temperate borders between Ihu, Tiro, and Motara, venturing largely into Ihu in search of food. Their primary prey are Mahi and Kikanalo, and they specialize in hunting stragglers who wander into their territory. In the months since the creation of the Rahkshi, the Muaka have apparently taken an interest in hunting them. It is unclear whether the Rahkshi have taken on attributes of favoured prey.

Albino Muaka are rare, but they are the deadliest hunters due to their natural camouflage in Ihu. Muaka are largely solitary, but some operate in packs, which allow them to take on even the massive Khorei. Muaka are skilled hunters, capable of turning the tables on any unwary would-be hunters. As a result, Muaka have never been tamed.

Nirahk: (Sokoda) This wyvern-like Rahi was devolved during the use of the Mask of Time, taking on some of the primal attributes that the Rahkshi did. Its prior form is currently unknown, but theorized to be a Lohrak sub-species who previously dwelled in Mangai. Nirahk currently serves as Turahk’s steed and pet.

Nirahk is surprisingly powerful for its relatively small size in comparison to other Rahi on Artahka. Its bladed wings can slice through stone, and it can carry Matoran with little effort. It is also extraordinarily agile, able to evade even blaster shots with ease. Complete surprise is often required to beat Nirahk.

Nui-Jaga: (Kardax) These massive arthropods are the largest hunters in Motara. Their hard carapace and sharp claws and stingers make for a difficult enemy to content with, but their physical prowess is offset by their lack of intelligence. Nui-Jaga have reportedly been tamed and trapped by placing a sheet of crystal across their path, causing the territorial Rahi to strike with their stinger and become trapped in the rock.

Nui-Jaga attack by grabbing their prey in their claws and striking with their stingers. Their stingers are only mildly venomous; the painful wounds that they can inflict are the true dangers of a Nui-Jaga sting. However, once tamed, they make for excellent caravan defenders.

Nui-Rama: (Oomatu) Bitter enemies of young Gukko, these insectoid pests swarm in the canopy of Kanae, but occasionally nest in the island groves and the city buildings. Nui-Rama are amphibious to a degree, and feed primarily on water. They can often be found at waterfalls feeding.

Nui-Rama are fickle and untameable, but they can be influenced. Kanaeans have been known to joyride Gukko near their hives to provoke the insects into chasing them. Some more practical-minded Kanaeans have suggested that Nui-Rama could be lured to their enemies to both cut down on their numbers, and distract their enemies, but this idea has largely gone unpursued.

Nuparanga: (Kardax) Small, tortoise-like creatures, Nuparanga are faster than would be expected for their classification. Their tough shells can fend off enemies, but they are prone to being flipped onto their belly. Tiroans have studied Nuparanga armour for decades, attempting to copy its properties, but they had had little success. Most of the peaceful Tiroans are content with taming the beasts for labour.

Nuparanga are surprisingly agile, and can turn swiftly to face their foes. They can retreat into their shells and cover their bellies with their forelimbs, but unless they are aided, they eventually tire. They are even-tempered beasts for the most part. Equally at home in the forest or underground, Nuparanga are a common sight in Tiro.

Proto-Drake: (Sokoda) Proto-Drakes are powerful amphibious Rahi that are also capable of flight. Though not the apex predators of Naho, they have been known to feed on Takea, though they have an overall omnivorous diet. Proto-Drakes have few natural predators themselves, but their solitary nature can make them vulnerable to packs of Takea.

Proto-Drakes are surprisingly wide-ranging, having been seen in Tiro and Kanae, and occasionally in Mangai, where boiling hot springs are know to surface. The Rahi are speculated to use the searing water to clean themselves. They serve as symbols of status among the Arbiters; though not hostile to Matoran, their size and power makes them difficult to tame, and only the most skilled Arbiters are permitted to ride them.

Rhuaki: (Kardax) Rhuaki are among the more powerful Rahi in Motara. Taming them is difficult, so their numbers in Motaran service are comparatively low in comparison to Mahi and Kikanalo. These armoured beasts are almost impossible to stop when angered and possess immense strength. They have few natural predators, and even the most desperate Motarans will not take one on for food.

Their brown armour allows them to blend in with the crags, making a herd of Rhuaki seem akin to a debris field. When tamed, they are used either as mobile weapons platforms, or to tow massive Battle Rams. They are relatively gentle unless provoked, and once they believe that a foe is no longer a threat, they will generally leave them alone.

Rock Steed: (Sokoda) Rock Steeds are omnivorous reptilian Rahi, a lifestyle that serves them well in the harsh desert of Motara. Though partial to meat, they are not active hunters, but have an aggressive temper and live in small groups.

Rock Steeds can be tamed, but they are usually sighted in the company of Desert Raiders, who make use of their natural aggression in their attacks on caravans. They fight with their sharp claws and bladed tails; their teeth, adapted for crushing and mashing, are poor weapons.

Sand Scuttler: (ToaNoah_Wafflemeister) Insectoid Rahi that are closely related to the Krahli. These beetles are commonly used by smaller travelling gangs with weapons and flags mounted on them to make them seem more intimidating to other Rahi and bandits.

Their longer limbs make them more adept at scuttling over obstacles and dunes. Sand Scuttlers live in small groups in the wild, grazing on cactus, which makes them effective for clearing outbreaks along the canyon paths. Their carapace is flexible, but strong, though it is more vulnerable to cutting attacks.

Sky Viper: (ToaNoah_Wafflemeister) Relatives of the Lohrak, these fearsome six-winged serpents often attack small villages for sport. Their snapping jaws and tail blades allow them to carry off Matoran, and some Sky Vipers have learned to watch for Matoran leaping from village to village for easy prey. The Kanaeans have subsequently learned to keep watch along their boarders for lurking Sky Vipers.

Sky Vipers are easily cowed when convinced that they cannot win a fight, but their recklessness can at times make organizing a response difficult. They make their homes in crevices among the floating islands, which can make rooting them out problematic.

Taewae: (Kardax) These small multi-legged insects roam among the leaf litter and among the treetops of Tiro. Favoured prey species of many predators, they defend themselves with poison on their legs. Artahka Mantis, however, are wily enough to use their blades to avoid the poisonous limbs.

They are swift sprinters, capable of tearing across branches and through the grass in an instant to avoid preadtors. They feed on lichen and moss from tree branches, and are generally docile around Matoran, some of whom keep them as pets.

Takea: (Sanokal) The apex predators of Naho, these fearsome sharks are ubiquitous across Artahka. Their sharp teeth are strong enough to tear through metal, and their attuned senses allow them to detect small traces of foreign fluids and electrical fields. Takea are comfortable hunting alone or in packs; when hunting together, they force small Ruki into clusters and attack repeatedly.

Nahoans have been historically opposed to any involvement with Takea. Their submersible craft are based on the sharks, while any attempts to tame them have ended in failure. Any attempts to direct or capture them are usually met with opposition, though there have been rumours of a transported cage of Takea. However, these rumours are dismissed as baseless.

Tarakava: (prpldragon) These highly competitive amphibious lizard-like Rahi are the only real competition against the Takea for the spot of top predators. Their unusually long limbs are useful for sifting through the sand and sensing vibrations, in addition to assisting them while moving on land. However, their true purpose is in combat, particularly against other Tarakava. Squaring off against one another, a pair of Tarakava will crudely punch with their solid sensors. Though the Tarakava themselves can withstand multiple impacts, a single blow can be enough to knock a Matoran unconscious or punch a hole in a fishing boat.

Despite their menace, a scant few Tarakava have been tamed by the Arbiters in the past. Their sinewy speed and amphibious nature make them good mounts for battle, though the other regions are largely ignorant of these capabilities. Tarakava largely feed on Ruki, defending themselves from Takea when they are attacked and hunting alone.

Tuwhemua: (Kardax) These massive turtles are closely related to the Nuparanga. They are generally used as beasts of burden, but on the rare occasions that predators are able to breach their shells, Tiroans have been known to construct artificial shells to protect the turtles that can be partially removed to mount weapons for defense.

Tuwhemua are herbivorous, feeding on masses of soft ferns and fruit bushes. The scarcity of their food means that they are constantly on the move. They are long-lived; the oldest known Tuwhemua is believed to be over a century old. Few predators in Tiro are powerful enough to take on a Tuwhemua, but Vako and full-grown Bohrok are known attack them in groups.

Ussal: (Sanokal, Kardax) Largely originating in Naho and Tiro, Ussal can be found in the employ of Matoran all over Artahka. Their placid nature and strength make them useful for serving as steed and as cart-pullers, and their multiple legs make them suited for rough and spongy terrain that even Mahi have difficultly crossing. They are a common sight in the Great Archive and the Deepwood.

Ussal are among the first Rahi to have been tamed by Matoran, and thus served as an example that more Rahi could be tamed. Despite their long history with Matoran, they are traditionally not used in warfare due to their gentle nature. They rely on their size and shells to defend themselves from predators, but their largely domesticated lifestyle means that they are usually defended by Matoran.

Vako: (Sanokal) More commonly colloquially known as Firespitters, Vako are large, draconian reptiles. They are capable of resisting intense heat, and make their nests within the Great Volcano. Though aggressive in nature, the Vako have been historically peaceful unless provoked. Recently however, their rapid breeding cycles have crowded their nests, and subadults and weaker Vako have been forced out of the volcano and into contact with Mangaians. The aggressive Rahi and Matoran have since ended up locked in a bitter struggle.

In addition to their resistance to extreme temperatures, Vako have claws and teeth that are searing hot to the touch, and they are capable of spitting blasts of fire. Their hot claws allow them to easily tear apart obstacles and climb rock surfaces. Vako eggs resemble lava bombs, and their unassuming looks in combination with their hot surfaces protect them from theft or devouring.

3 Likes

omg its adorable :smile:

1 Like

Thanks.

cool though I liked the black and red kane ra concept from G1 as well as making them carnivorous.

and here are some rahi I would like to add

these are from the time before the Kahnoi period and are at least thought to be extinct. some currently existing species evolved from these creatures

nivawk: large pterodactyl like creatures that were most common in Kanae and Motara,
and they often preyed upon mahi and kikalano. they had a 40 foot wingspan and were about 15 feet or so tall they weighed 900 pounds. they were a mix of gray, black and purple. Tiroan scientists believe these creatures to be the Lorhak’s ancestor.

Swamp Stalker: amphibious lizards that resembles a postosuchus

a very aggressive species that live in the wetland flats and swamp jungles of Naho (back in that time). they can grow to be 50-60 feet long and weigh 10 tons the are both bipedal and quadruped. they had been known to take down fully grown Tarakava and Takea sharks for food. they are heavily armored and their claws and teeth can tear through metal and demolish small huts (very unlikely to happen they do not attack the Matoran thank Akadia). these creatures are green and grayish-brown in color

bog Snake: aggressive amphibians that resemble Nothosaurus

they grow to be 10 feet long the largest one on record was 15 feet long. they are carnivorous and ambush their prey from the water. they are found in the jungles and swamps of Tiro. very agile they can outrun Matoran. they often prey on ghelkula. they are a very dark green with a blonde underside.

mukau: rahi that resemble saber toothed tigers

they are about 8 feet long and 3 feet tall. they were a carnivorous species that were able to take down khorei. in other words they were the Muaka’s ancestor.

rock raptor: basically the rock steed of G1

Krahka: please see @VonDoom’s Fenherak pitch (did I spell that right?) (all credit for the Krahka goes to him/her)

ok maybe this will make you happy

Kardas Dragon: the largest rahi on record

there has been only 1 Kardas in Matoran history it spaned 100 feet long, 30 feet tall, and weighed 60 tons. it was able to breath fire and lightning as well as sporting a heavy spiked tail ( not quite an anklyosaur tail). it was quadruped beast with a 230 foot wingspan. it nearly wiped out the Managians on its visit though eventually killed by the combined power of the 6 matoran rulers. the scariest truth of this beast was the fact that nobody knew where it came from and the fact that there are likely more out there…

1 Like

Visorak I’ll likely leave alone due to their role in the story until the cast decide what to do with them. I might make a Nivawk in the future, but Sokoda’s Nirahk fills a similar role for now.

@sanokal - Minor name change here: Frost wolves are now to be known as Koruhi.
The Kavinika were bipedal and so I think changing the name to Ko-(part of maori word for wolf meaning soul) is better. Basically makes their name frost-spirits which is kinda cool, makes the Ihuan spiritual animals wolves, which is awesome.

1 Like

I just went with Kavinika since they were wolf-like (and as some interpretations have proven, G3 Rahi don’t necessarily need to be exactly the same as their G1 counterparts). But, I’ll pop it in there, it is your design (though I might be cheeky about it).

2 Likes