Overwatch

I tried Junkrat
he has great offensive and defensive capabilities
and his design is well done (though it is the wastelander cliche)

one problem I have with him right is that his story is not that fleshed out
since he would be perfect for the new short
his personality works for videos more than in the game

When my friend Fox was first trying out OverWatch, he had the same initial thought as me.

“Wow, these are really nice viewmodels.”

OverWatch has easily my favorite viewmodels in a video game, up there with Tribes: Ascend’s viewmodels. When he first tried Junkrat, he was sold. He didn’t need any convincing or explanation, Junkrat was his favorite. The moment he spawned, and he saw his gun shake and bobble, he fell in love. When he first fired it, and saw the beautiful shakes and burps it makes, the amazing kitchen timer sounds, and the fabulous reload animation, he knew in his heart nothing would beat that. Then he launched himself using his explosive trap. Junkrat’s viewmodel did the fabulous things it does, and OverWatch instantly earned its place as “best viewmodels in a game.”

You see this with other characters (most notable Roadhog), but none show off how pretty and complex the viewmodels are the way Junkrat does. Nevermind the fact that he’s an absolute blast to play, with a wonderfully high skill cap, but simple to learn mechanics.

1 Like

How long do you guys think it will take for the “A Moment in Crime” website to finish loading?

2 Likes

I saw a video that calculated it finishing in mid October or something.

4 Likes

so I just looked up the site
16.8514%

let us hope it is worth the wait
I also translated the site

(also I never knew Shadow was Sombra in Spanish since I only done a small bit in school)

1 Like

Much more accurate translation:

…Establishing connection…
…Sombra Protocol v1.95 initiated…
…Transmitting information to active omnics… 16.8628%
…Terminating connection…

I wonder what it means by “transmitting info to active omnics”. Maybe a new gamemode…?

3 Likes

or possibly Sombra could be transferring info to Omnics that might want to possibly start a revolution of sorts

A second Omnic Crisis, perhaps.

I’d still like to see a new gamemode, something like Mann vs. Machine from Team Fortress 2; a horde mode where you fight rogue omnics.

4 Likes

Some people think that she might control a “God program” like the one shown in the Pharah comic that can control omnics.

1 Like

that would actually be a suprise

also I have a small thought on Sombra right now
what if she is the first female Omnic Hero?

Have female omnics even been confirmed?

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about Sombra in the slightest?

I’d rather she be human. In fact, I saw someone else’s rendition of Sombra on Twitter that I really liked and wouldn’t mind being her official design:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakenArts/status/769742946656784384

There’s just something about the master hacker Sombra being a teenage girl that’s funny to me.

I do to a degree as well
since I think most of my hype was left with Ana
since she had

most unique gameplay
most developed story
and a great design overall

so I shall just have to see Sombra
then have some thoughts

the “some like it bot” poster has a female Omnic

2 Likes

Who else doesnt want her to be Alehandra?

2 Likes

me
since that would be a stupid choice
since not every character needs to be playable

it would be like having Hal-Fred Glitchbot as Hero
but it might be worth it just for the personality

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure those are two males dressed like females. In the poster.

I think “God Programs” are going to make a return, and we’ll get a horde mode a la Mann vs. Machine. Then again, I’m not STAR_, I don’t have prophetic powers.

2 Likes

Alternative theory that has no basis: she’s a summoner type hero who can call omnic minions to battle.

But whatever. At this point, I’m not really hyped, just patiently waiting.

So glad competitive is back though. I ranked upper gold and I’m pretty sure that if my next match is a win I’ll hit platinum.

1 Like

Context:

1 Like