Paihana. Protector of poison.

This is Paihana (Maori word for poison). It’s quite a departure from the original stone element Lego had for him. But I never felt like the burnt orange and trans neon green colors matched that element anyway.

So I opted for a devilish, almost evil look for this guy and changed the element to poison. Some may disapprove of my artistic licensing on that. Understandable.

His weapons are a hand held poison dart shooter (pew! pew!) And an orb launcher with poison “bombs” that explode for huge AoE damage over time.

2 more Protectors remain for this set I’m working on - purple and blue. I don’t know what elements I’ll associate to those colors yet though.

Prisma

40 Likes

Imo needs more dark red.

Also I don’t really feel the poison aspect.

4 Likes

Yeah, the lower legs are really lacking in dark red
Either way though I love this MOC

1 Like

Looks less like poison and more like, uhhh. What I’m trying to say is it doesn’t really reflect poison. Nice moc though.

The color scheme actually really works for this moc. I don’t know why so many people think it needs more dark red. This is really good, It’s poison without being so obviously poisonous.

2 Likes

You know I really struggled with the element part of it. Elements I considered before settling on poison:

• Lava
  • Reptiles
  • Pain
  • Power
  • Passion
  • Disease
  • Energy
  • Minerals
  • Venom
  • Sand
  • Desert

I just didn’t feel like any of them fit the look of him. I don’t know, what do you think?

1 Like

I like the color scheme, and if you choose to change the element, I’d go with Sand.

1 Like

How does red and trans yellow green convey sand.

Energy or minerals work.

This, yes.

Very nice, I’m liking the Zamora launcher and the red. My only gripe is that the green on the arms doesn’t match the rest of the green.

1 Like

The tan, gray, and dark orange certainly convey it to me.

It does in those aspects but the rest I the added colors bother me imo

I can see that. I personally think the trans lime works, maybe not so much the dark red.

1 Like

Thanks man! Although I’m not sure why the trans color doesn’t match on your screen. They’re all the same trans neon green color that came with Pohatu.

1 Like

Oh, my screen was wigged out. All the colors match. I’m just so used to seeing people use trans medium green with trans neon.

1 Like