Panda Rahi Moc

My entry to the new round of the bio-cup on Flickr. My Theme was real-life rahi. Tried to get as accurate to the original animal as well as adding some bio-mechanical elements.

You can follow along the contest here. Flickr: The 2017 Bio-Cup Pool

79 Likes

the pieces used on his face makes it look like it has four eyes, but other than that, that’s one darn impressive panda

1 Like

Kind of intentional. Similar to how I remembered some of the rahi having multiple eyes.
Would have had a single eye in the center if I found a good way to do so. Thanks for the comment!

4 Likes

Saw this on Flickr; the build is amazing!

I really love those pistons on the sides.

1 Like

Amazing shaping. Looks just like a panda

Yo…

If ever there was a moc that captured an element of real life accurately, it’s this one.

This is just simply superb. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a panda moc either before.

I give it a solid $$$$ out of $$$$

2 Likes

@ReeseEH Thank you! Didn’t know how to make him look more like a rahi. The pistons were an idea to make it look more biomechanical.

@LTVmocs Thanks! That was one thing I wanted to nail.

@Samtastictogo Thanks so much! I’ve never seen a panda moc with constraction, but there have definitely been a few in regular lego.

2 Likes

Put blue studs for eyes so that the panda doesnt look all evily at your soul.

it’s even cuter than I expected

@TeslaEffect That depends on the bear, right? Maybe this one is just a grumpy bear? Anyways, it was just a choice to have more contrast between the eyes and the black ‘eyeshadow’.

@Bionicdeadpool Thanks! I tried to make it look as close to an actual panda as I could.

1 Like

Those white Bohrok shields (I forget the specific Bohrok’s name…this is embarrassing) really seal the deal, though the blue pins…eh, LEGO hasn’t made any black ones since they were phased out in Toa Vakama in 2004, so I’ll pass on that criticism. (I don’t own any black axle pins.)

Very nice.

@SupersumCreations Thanks! They do have a nice shape to them

@Morgy Thank you!

Excellent work! Very panda-like (I crave orange chicken and fried rice now)

next project: ash bear

That’s easy: Panda but with dark/gunmetal gray
instead of white. :wink:

1 Like

haha

no

ash bear is burnt orange

Oh… Okay, then. So orange and black?