Percy Jackson and the Olympians

OK, that’s it, I’m calling my friend:

“Hapi u-ha ey pwah”

(Hapi, arise and attack)

also on the topic of Hapi,

1 Like

I’m quite a large fan of this franchise; I’ve read the original series in full and have partially read the Heroes of Olympus series (still need to read House of Hades).

As far as the movies go, I’ve yet to see Sea of Monsters, but as far as TLT goes… eh. As an adaption, it was fairly poor, but I found it moderately enjoyable if taken on its own merits. I haven’t heard much about SoM, but is it handled any better?

-Mesonak

1 Like

SoM strayed way to far from the books.

They had Luke successfully revive Kronos, and then he ate Luke and his cronies.

O_o

-Mesonak

@Mesonak aww dude, you gotta read that before the last book comes out in October. It’s really good. :wink:

@SammySpartan wait, WHAT?

I’m serious.

um

well i guess that’s deviation from the book

oh wow the eating him thing was…you know when I was thinking of the movies I thought of the first one, which was okay
the second SoM wasnt that bad
but was still terribad at the same time

Huh.

Can’t say I’m surprised at a new series, but Apollo is an interesting choice.

1 Like

Yep, known about that for a few months now. I haven’t gotten around to reading it, along with Magnus Chase. Seems like an interesting premise from the preview I read.

I do wish that Riordan would stop dragging Percy into these series though. I think he feels the same way too, but he panders to his audience.

1 Like

Oh, Percy Jackson…I remember I used to have a friend on DA who was obsessed with this series. I honestly have never read it as I’ve never really had an interest in it.

I read all of the original Percy Jackson and the Olympians books, all of the Heroes of Olympus books and the first book in the Magnus Chase series. I plan on reading the Trials of Apollo book soon (whenever I get it)

1 Like

I was attacked yesterday for saying that I like Trials of Apollo more than Percy Jackson.

1 Like