Pestilence (RP topic)

“I would say that it is more akin to the seven rings. Though I find it’s more complex than that.”
Æhnyir comments, scratching the back of his head,
“If I’ve met one of these kings I must’ve met him somewhere correct?”

Hydronicus’ eyes narrowed. “So…you went to Hell?” He asked apprehensively.
@Jcton

“Then on what plane did such happen?” Arkan asks. “I highly doubt it happened in Domhan.”

“I was performing a sword art I had created and the arcane spells produced an unlikely reaction. I found myself in a desolate land shaped like a large hole and there tens of hundreds of layers going up and down, eventually reaching what seemed to be a frozen conclusion, however I can neither confirm nor deny it. I found myself holding my idol of Thor tightly to my chest as I journeyed looking to see where I was, then there I found him. I found the winged devil trapped in stone shaped similar to that of a stock that I would normally see a miscreant trapped in. A great light came from the upper beyond, from what appeared sky-like though had visible limits. The light feathered down layer by layer and stopped at another one.”
Æhnyir sighs,
“It was then where I saw the large head, of who you call the Magician, move. He saw me. He looked intently at my eyes and spoke to my heart ushering a contract that I would decide to accept. It empowered me and gave me demonic abilities, demonic spells that I know in my heart. According to our contract I freed him from his stone prison, using the abilities that were given to me. He broke out breaking the stone structure into several boulders that fell down. It was about then when the angelic light came down to our layer.”

“…And then what happened?” Hydronicus asked, leaning in intriguedly.

“…You let him escape?” Arkan asked. “Actually, what kind of arcana did you use to get down there in the first place?”

Æhnyir smiles,
“Perhaps that is a story for another day, but you should know that once a contract they make is completed it cannot be turned back. As for my arcana it was one that I discovered eons ago lost to the ashes, it is better forgotten. I used to be a swordmage that experimented with fusing my spells to my blades.”

“…That can be dangerous if you don’t know what to do.” Arkan says. “The wrong spell mixed with a blade, metal especially, can be catastrophic. Magical creatures usually don’t mix well with iron in my experiences.”

Hydronicus himself in thought briefly, before snapping back to reality. “I got it!” He said, snatching Rohan’s sketch of the Pestilence Seal. “Fractions of the seal contains symbols related specifically to The Magician and the rest of The Heavenly Kings.” He explained, comparing symbols within the text to the sketch of the seal.

Arkan looks it over. “And with Necrotic connections, and based on the magic channels in the rune, it also likely has to do with disease. Perhaps they are using this disease to collect the essence of those killed by it in an attempt to free themselves?”

“But how could the Heavenly Kings carry out work of they are trapped on another plane?” Hydronicus questioned.
“No, I believe that a mortal entity or entities of the Earthen realm are carrying out these tasks for the heavenly kings, possibly a cult in which they are worshipped.” He suggested.

“Well obviously, they would need to find someone pliable simpleton to manipulate.” He sighs, muttering something along the lines of: “Is féidir le daoine a bheith ina créatúir dúr den sórt sin.”

“I believe my magic was from a very different time than yours and very different, besides why would I use a magical creature when I can use an artificial spirit to inhabit the blade with the supposed spell. In the case when I visited Incelebratus I was attempting a creation at what I though would become a legendary blade, however too much power was inputted. I believe the time when I was attempting this it was around the time Atlantis sank, however I was not there nor was I near so I am unable to comment on such a country.”
He looks over to the seal and the markings,
“Well, your magics have certainly changed from the last time I practiced them. Now I simply have certain spell engraved onto my heart in accordance to those contracts.”

“Because magical creatures are magic.” Arkan explains. “They are magic taken shape and consciousness. If such happens to such creatures, it also happens to magic, if careless.”

“If we could identify and track down whoever is responsible for the marked body on time, then we may be able to prevent or at least decrease the potential damage caused by the seal.”
Hydronicus said.

He nods. “That would be the quickest way to form a counterseal.” He says. “Actually deciphering it ourselves would be inefficient at best.”

Hydronicus thought for a moment.
“Have any of you encountered, seen or at least heard of such organizations that could be responsible for the branded corpse?” He asked the group.

Arkan shook his head. “No such groups in my travels. At least, none with the ability to.”

Hydronicus bowed his head, as he tried to produce a theory.

As he thought, a dark, shadowy form appeared in his peripheral vision. Hydronicus unsheathed his sword, and whipped around in one swift motion. “Did anyone see that?!” He asked, as he couldn’t find the shadow creature anywhere.

Arkan sees it as well, and traces a small Abjuration circle with his right hand, a large spinning one appearing in front of his left as he holds it out defensively, continuing to trace the little one. “Who goes there.” He says threateningly.