Pestilence (RP topic)

“yessssssss?” he said stroking where his helmet covered his chin

“Hmm…” Hydronicus said under his breath as he packed around the room.

@Jcton
@Runa
“It…it all makes sense!” He exclaimed out loud to the others.

Arkan stumbled away, his left arm in front of his face, having protected him from too much harm. The bandage falls away from his arm, revealing the skeletal structure beneath as he lowers it. “What makes sense?” Arkan asks Hydronicus as he rambles. He turns to Godrick. “And you call us heretics? Have you seen what your ‘people’ have done to this world?” He asks. “I simply align myself with the Fay, here before you and being destroyed by your actions.”

“Think about it! When you imagine a plague, what scenes come to mind?” Hydronicus said.

“People trying and failing to cure the plague of the Plague.” Arkan responds.

“Yes, but what scenes do you often see? What happens, and what type of people are involved?”

“People in masks using a sorry excuse for medicine on sick people. And the sick people die.”

“Exactly! Bird-like beaked masks, worn by plague doctors!” Hydronicis manically said as he tore through the notes.

“Think about it, the Seal of Pestilence is used to spread disease on a large scale. Plague Doctors most often ‘can’t’ cure patients, though reports have shown that they are capable of helping sometimes. What if, they are purposefully not helping certain people, maybe even spreading the plague in an effort to please the Heavenly Kings?”

“…Sounds like a conspiracy of the highest regards.” Arkan responds. “‘Bird People’ could very well mean some kind of magical creature, and considering this guy’s lunacy, that’s highly possible. Besides, the cases of actual healing could be because of better doctors of stronger patients.”

Hydronicus shrugged. “But what of the mysterious sightings of Plague Doctors nearby large disasters? And mysterious deaths?”

“In a time like this, Plague Doctors will be everywhere, trying to find sick to ‘heal,’ and of course there will be a lot of deaths when a disease is going about. And even the ‘mysterious’ ones could come from anywhere, doesn’t need to be the Plague Doctors.”

“You claim that my mind has been taken prisoner and yet you’re built like some malign ghoul, I am completely lucid. My people as you put it are the britions.”

“Okay, well if you don’t think that they’re Plague doctors, then did you have someone else in mind?”

“I do speak of the alchemists, the quacks, the charlatans, the bird people…”

“Killers of Fay and oppressors of other peoples. How quaint.” Arkan responds, before turning to Hydronicus. “I don’t pretend to know who it is, but that doesn’t give us the liberty to assume.”

“Your allies consume the flesh of children, my ancestors simply went to liberate the holy city”

“Perhaps they do so as revenge for what your people have done to them? To their homelands?” Arkan asks.

“Jerusalem was not your home but the realm of god!”

Hydronicus stood by silently, glancing down at a seal that he held in his hand.

“It is not ‘the Britions’ I speak of, but humanity as a whole!” Arkan tells him. “You all have harmed the créatúir bhunaidh with your so called ‘progress’ and ‘conquest!’”