Pestilence (RP topic)

Godrick made sure to stay close behind

@Jcton
@L.O.S.S-KAL
The pair would be greeted by two guards stationed at the cathedral’s door.
“State your business here.” One guard ordered.

Æhnyir shoots a glare at the guard before taking off his helmet and smiling,
“We’re here to make a confession and due to the laws of the church I believe I can’t tell you what it is. The confidentiality of the priest and the confessor is of utmost respect, and I believe you wouldn’t dare get in the way of god’s work.”

“I am to ensure that no…heretical defilement happens during the confessions.”

@Jcton
@L.O.S.S-KAL
The two guards suspiciously eyed Æhnyir and Godrick for a moment, before parting to let them in.

Æhnyir walks in and comments to Godrick,
“Heretical? Well, I guess that paints me in a good light.”

“You’re on thin ice”

Rohan nodded in understanding

@Jcton
@L.O.S.S-KAL
The pair would enter the church. It was a large expansive space. Not too many people were present today, with practically only priests and other religious staff being in the building. Godrick may recal that this was where he had met and fought Amadeus.

Using an illusion spell to make himself invisible to the naked eye, Arkan takes off to find the office or home of this ‘Amadeus’ person.

1 Like

Meanwhile, a scared man sat in his room, tied by rope to his chair.
Amadeus sat opposite of the man, stroking a no-doubt infected rat.
“Do you have any idea why I have brought you here?” Anadeus asked the man.
The man shook his head frantically.
“You see, a plague ravaged this earth, and not the plague you are thinking.” Said Amadeus.
“It is a plague if sin. Mankind has descended to a lower level of spirituality and faith, and because of that we are being punished. Because of people like you.”
The man was now becoming scared.
“This may seem hypocritical, but in order to cure this plague, we must spread another…” Amadeus said, as another rat crawled out of his sleeve.
“And you are the next patient who must be cured.”
More rats began crawling out of the shadows, and an entire swarm of them flowed toward the man. He screamed in terror and pain, which were soon drowned out as the rats covered his entire body and began eating him.
Amadeus smiled as he exited the room, his work complete.

When Arkan left the room, Hydronicus continued to search through the Doctor files.

“I fought their leader here…” Godrick whispered to Æhnyir

Arkan would arrive to Amadeus’ office.

Æhnyir whispers back,
“Heresy, fighting in a church…looks like you have things to confess to as well.”

@L.O.S.S-KAL
@Jcton
Æhnyir and Godrick would find their presence joined by a saint who had entered shortly after them.
“You have come to confess?” The saint whispered to them as he walked towards the altar to pray.

“Forgive me father.” He began as he knelt in front of the priest “for desecrating these grounds with the presence of my sword. I should have left it outside but my avarice compelled me to keep it with me.”

“At ease, there is no cause for distress.” The saint said.
“I understand that a warrior must be prepared.”

Godrick merely waited for the priest to move to the next person before standing

He then moved on towards Æhnyir.
“What have you come to confess?”

Æhnyir looks at the priest and says,
“Mine is a tale as old as time. My father was a knight in the lands of the anglo-saxons. In this time there was a war and an enemy slew my father, as in common with war. However, I swore to take revenge and I took it.”