Pestilence (RP topic)

Underneath was a collection of odd mementos.
There was an entire deck of Tarot Cards, an old leather-Bound journal, red Plague Mask lenses, a bottle of liquor, and a well-preserved bouquet of roses.

Leaving most of the items, Arkan picks up the journal and opens it slowly.

1 Like

Before the pages could be opened, Arkan would hear a figure descending the staircase nearby. Arkan would notice that the contents underneath the floorboards were also not yet put away.

Arkan pocketed the journal and set the board back down, sneaking off into a corner temporarily, keeping his invisibility illusion up.

The figure reached the bottom of the stairs, revealed not to be Amadeus but in fact what seemed to be a butler. He advanced through the hallway, dusting off furniture as he looked around to make sure nothing was out of place.

Arkan made sure to stay out of the way, being as quiet as he could.

The butler soon finished dusting, and went back upstairs.
If Arkan continued to search the building afterwards, he would find nothing else of note.

@Jcton
@L.O.S.S-KAL
“Anyways, I can help you stop these plague doctors.” Saint Raphael said to Æhnyir and Godrick.

“How…”

“I know where they will strike next.” Answered Saint Raphael.

“How?”

Arkan decided to open another portal spell on the wall and hop out, going into an alley not frequented by people, and opened the book to try and see what was inside.

Æhnyir nods,
“Makes sense…so I have a question for you.”

Inside the book, Arkan would find old, yellowed pages.
It appeared to be some sort of diary/journal. The entries recounted personal experiences that Amadeus had had. Some seemed to be “supernatural” in nature, with Amadeus writing of prophetic visions he received of a ruined, ravaged Earth. These visions seemed to lead Amadeus to believe in most of the philosophical pillars of the Plague doctor cult.

@L.O.S.S-KAL
“I received…visions of the future.” Saint Raphael answered, before turning to Æhnyir.

“What is your question?” Saint Raphael asked.

Arkan keeps reading, seeing if it would say anything else of note.

Æhnyir looks intently at Raphael,
“What are you? I’ve been on this realm long enough and not many know the things you seem to know. Your question about the others suggests that you have some knowledge of the angels, that others would not have. Which makes me believe you are not human and if I am right then what are you?”

Arkan would find what seemed to be research notes. They detailed the subject of fallen angels, and hosts or artificially created bodies for them to inhabit. There were also notes about mystical objects such as The Ring of Solomon, allegedly able to control demons.

@Jcton
“I am just a normal human who happens to just know more than others.” Raphael answered.

Æhnyir looks at him, his eyes where pale and cut like diamonds in the shadows.
“And yet you called yourself a saint. The only saints I know we made saints after death. Either you are lying about your sainthood, or you are a ghost/spirit, or lastly you aren’t human and I bet that you aren’t human.”

Saint Raphael smiled faintly, refusing to say anymore.
@Jcton
@L.O.S.S-KAL
Suddenly, the brief silence would be broken by an earthquake-like force shaking the ground. The source of the force seemed to be coming from the bell tower.

Arkan shut the book quickly, then looked over at the bell tower. “What the ever-loving hell?” He asks no one in particular.

The bell rang loudly from the shaking. A large, dark shape could be slightly visible within the tower.

Hydronicus abruptly stopped looking through the files when he heard the ringing of the bell tower. He stepped outside, and saw roughly the same thing as Arkan. He promptly approached the church, unsheathing his sword without saying a word.