Pestilence (RP topic)

Raphael sighed with relief as the last of the vile black substance disappeared from sight.

“…Anyways, did you find anything noteworthy in your investigation?” Hydronicus asked Arkan.
@Runa

“A book.” He said, pulling it out of his jacket and tossing it to the angel.

Raphael caught it with a single hand.
“Where did you find this?”

“His office, in the basement.”

Æhnyir’s eyes opened, his mana was starting to be restored. He had returned to his human form, when he lost consciousness. His mind was foggy and a headache kept him occupied, so he couldn’t really focus his eyes to see where he was, or he hadn’t really noticed where he was yet.

@Jcton
When Æhnyir’s vision cleared, he would see a group of Plague doctors standing over him, crowded around his body in a circle. They were all chanting quietly in a foreign language. Æhnyir seemed be in a dark, ritualistic room, lit only by candlelight.

@Runa
Raphael flipped through the pages of the book, before stopping on one specific page.
The Ring of Solomon…!” he whispered to himself in amazement.

Arkan nodded. “A ring with the ability to enslave our magical brethren.” He said, obviously not enthused by the idea.

“But what could the cult want with this?” Hydronicus asked out loud.

“They could be trying to control something, obviously. Knowing their links to militant religiosity, I would think most likely the Demona.” Arkan says to him.

Hydronicus seemed unconcerned. “But the Ring is just a myth. The Plague doctors are chasing fairy tales.” He said, briefly glancing at Arkan when he realized what he said.
“That is what you think. But I myself gave that ring to King Solomon. I know it is real.”

Raphael had a worried expression on his face.
“If that is true that the cult is after the ring or possibly already has it, than there is much to he concerned about.” He said worriedly.

He then looked up, and saw that Æhnyir was suddenly gone.
“Wait, where did Æhnyir go?” He asked out loud, now panicking slightly.
@Runa

Arkan simply shrugs.

Raphael and Hydronicus began looking around.
"I don’t understand. He was just here. He wouldn’t just disappear like that… "

Æhnyir looks at around and curses in a foreign tongue. He sees the plague doctors and understands what situation he is in. He thinks of what he could do, he was obviously in his human-form and he needed to figure a way out…unless there was another way. Æhnyir mocks the local group by growling in a deep voice.
I didn’t know you tied your god up…I’m very angry you…untie me if you don’t want to face my wrath…

“They will only answer to me.” Said a voice.
The crowd parted, and Amadeus stepped forward.

“You are a very hard man to reach, Æhnyir. But luckily Alfred was able to recover your body while you were unconscious.” He said, then sitting down on front of him.

“Now, why do you think I brought you here?” Asked Amadeus.
@Jcton

“Ah, a so called leader of your cult, glad to make acquaintance with you.”
That last half was obviously sarcastic,
“For why you brought me here, I can only assume you want to find a loophole in my contract…lucky for you I’v already found one. It’s called your death.”

Amadeus chuckled a little. “How could you possibly kill me, and everyone in this room?” He asked, motioning to the hundreds of other Plague Doctors.

@Runa
“We need to find Æhnyir.” Said Raphael.

“Arkan, do you have a spell for finding people?” Hydronicus asked.

“Divination, but I’d need something of theirs.” He responds.

“A bit of hellfire that can burn through stone and metal is always useful, not much you can do unless you have holy water, and I doubt you guys have such a thing…even if you do I have other tricks up my sleeves.”

Raphael plucked a falling angel wing feather from the air.
“Here.” He said, passing it to Arkan.
@Runa

He took it and set it on the ground, surrounding it in a divination circle.