PewDiePie vs T-Series

PewDiePie is losing by a gap of 9,000. I’m not supposed to give my opinon, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut that worries me.

1 Like

He’s just letting them get ahead so he can get the number one spot twice

There’s a wiki page for the battle and it lists all the times T-series has overtaken pewds.

T series is doing something remotely productive. Pewdiepie is screaming at a camera and playing fortnite.

go t series

citation needed

What do you mean?

@EmperorDuckie He’s an individual. T-Series is a corporation. Does it really matter what he’s doing? Also he doesn’t really play games anymore.

Yes actually

I mean as in content-wise. If he were being a legitimately bad person, then I don’t think anyone would care, but he’s not.

Still, yes

How so?

Is the content something productive, or at least mildly entertaining for someone above the age of ten maybe there’d be merit to keeping him number one, but currently the mentality is “t-series is corporation, and corporation is bad, PewDiePie isn’t and that’s automatically good”

1 Like

Oh he doesn’t? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else

I’d above keep RyansToyReviews above T-series any day, even though it’ awful content. The reason we want PewDiePie to be number one is because, unlike T-Series, he did all he could to reach number one, and has remained very humble. For T-Series it would be just another opportunity to show the world how great they are. We got evidence that this would happen a while ago. When PewDiePie reached 50 Million, he made a video where he thanked his fans for getting him that far. When T-Series passed the milestone, they went on a stage, invited a bunch of press, and made a show of unveiling it and bragged about being one of the largest channels on YouTube.

1 Like

Is that not something to be prideful of?

Then let them show, and let the world be their judge

The issue here is it will, but the “world” we’re talking about here is one that cares solely about the money.

There are ramifications to T-Series becoming the number one YouTube channel. For one, it changes the dynamic of YouTube to an unrecognizable point. YouTube started as a platform for people, individuals, to share their content to others.

Now, what happens when corporations see the success of T-Series and realize there’s big money to be made here. What do you think is going to happen? They’re going to take to it, and the content we see on YouTube will no longer be carefully crafted and passionately driven by content creators. Everything will be company, corporate, and advertisement driven.

And it won’t be good content. These people don’t care about making an entertaining video for others to watch, they care about abusing the algorithm (which, mind you, is already skewed to favor the types of videos only large companies can afford to produce) to get views, show ads, and make money. They will crank out meaningless after meaningless garbage without any regard for passion or quality, just to make the quick buck.

Look at the film industry. Look at what’s become of most annual releases because of the corporations behind them. Yes, occasionally you’ll get the once-in-a-lifetime Infinity War or Get Out or something actually injected with a little care and passion, but most of what comes out in theaters is corporate cash-grab garbage.

It’s also only going to worsen the hostility that already exists towards the real content creators. The algorithm I mentioned earlier favors videos that are frequently produced with very high watch time. A normal person with a busy life can’t possibly produce that much content on a regular basis, but companies can afford to because they can hire people to do it for them. They also don’t have as much care towards the quality of the product, as I’ve stated. The copyright claim system on YouTube is also company biased. Any company can make a copyright claim on a video for any reason, and when this happens the burden of proof is not on the company to show they actually own what’s being claimed, but the one being copyright struck. As soon as a claim is made, the video is instantly attacked and the content creator’s channel effectively shut down, all while having to face the massively expensive process of appealing that claim. If more companies come to YouTube you can bet yourself they will strike down the content creators that remain. What can they do to stand up to that?

YouTube started as a place for creative individuals, and right now it’s probably one of the last remaining ones that (until now) has remained dominated by the individual.

This isn’t really about what channel is on top, it’s about what the ones that are represent. It’s a battle for the soul of YouTube.

TL;DR
More T-Series means more companies setting up shop at YouTube, which means more copyright strikes, less original content creators, less passionate and entertaining content, and more commercialization of the platform as a whole. This is a bad thing for a site that built itself on the pretense of being for the every-man.

5 Likes

Yes, it is something to be prideful of. It’s not something to use to show superiority to others.

Update: PewDiePie is back in the lead

1 Like