Pirates of the Caribbean

It’s a remake of Pirates Online.

…I didn’t know that was a thing either… :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks it up

Huh, seems interesting enough.

Never trust a trailer. :stuck_out_tongue: All the movies have some pretty grim moments–like when Bootstrap Bill has to whip Will. They’re just trying to make it seem “epic” to get people excited. You can’t have a terribly serious movie with Jack Sparrow in it. XD

3 Likes

True, though that movie also had one of the silliest, most over-the-top (in a good way IMO) fight scene in the franchise:

I really hope we get to see something along those lines in PotC5. You catch my drift? (no nautical pun intended)

1 Like

Captain, Jack Sparrow…

5 Likes

Heres a few set relieved:
71042 The Silent Mary revealed! | Brickset!

2 Likes

I like how she says “take any pictures you want” after like 15 or more people already took pictures as soon as she lit up the lightbox :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love these movies so much. Well, the first three. The fourth was pretty ‘eh.’ I’m hoping that the fifth one turns out good, but my hopes aren’t too high.

1 Like

My sentiments exactly! I hope the long production time for the new one means they worked extra-hard to make it good, but after PotC 4 and that Lone Ranger movie, I’m not super-confident in the production team.

1 Like

I don’t have my expectations set to high but it’s going to have ship battles which is an obvious step up from the 4th film.

The Silent Mary is a instant buy for me though I was hoping for the Flying Dutchman. The zombie shark is oddly absent from the set, so maybe we will get another?..

2 Likes

I never even thought about the fact that there are no ship battles in 4. Probably because I’ve only seen it once.

2 Likes

In my opinion it’s what hurt the movie the most. It is still a good movie but I would of liked to see the Queen Anne’s Revenge shower the Black Pearl with Greek fire in a climatic battle.
From what I’ve seen from the trailer, the 5th film is going to try and combine aspects from all the previous films. I hope it will not feel to forced.

1 Like

I’m tired of all this undead stuff in these films to be honest. We’ve done everything now. Skeletal pirates, fish pirates, zombie pirates, now ghost pirates.

That’s just me though.

2 Likes

I agree, it is getting rather repetitive. On the other hand, what else can they do with a pirate franchise? Maybe pirates being hunted by the imperial navy but that would seem more historical fiction and wouldn’t hold my interest.

Edit: Maybe pirates racing to find treasure might be a good direction?

1 Like

No, next they go for space pirates. Then extra-dimensional pirates, then… /s

4 Likes

Interested to see what they do for the final battle… defeating Ghost Pirates will be interesting. Heard its apparently got the largest sea battle in the series so far.

Probably my favourite thing, but they kind of stripped that from the newer trailer/teaser;

Didnt they do a version of this with Dead Man’s Chest and At World’s End? I think they mixed it in with Davy Jones.

1 Like

I like the first one quite a bit. I like the second one but not quite as much. The third one was meh, and I didn’t even see the fourth one. Not sure where I stand on Dead Men Tell No Tales, maybe I’m see it but I’m not really excited.

1 Like

I had not heard that, I am also very interested to see how it will play out.

[quote=“Scarilian, post:56, topic:11455”]
Didnt they do a version of this with Dead Man’s Chest and At World’s End? I think they mixed it in with Davy Jones.
[/quote]Yes, but I think it was almost exclusively Davy Jones doing the hunting, I was suggesting the navy doing the hunting without any supernatural help.

“The final adventure begins”

3 Likes

The final POTC film…Well there goes any chance of ever getting the Dutchman as a set.:disappointed:
Hopefully this will be a worthy final film for the franchise. It does seem odd to add two new younger actors for lead rolls if they don’t plan to continue though.