Pirates of the Caribbean

Final adventure, not final film. Not necessarily, at least. We were told that Karda Nui was the final battle, and they were right. We just picked up on Bara Magna in '09. It’s entirely possible that they may be intending to phase Jack out of the series and start working with a new cast, hence the young leads. Not sure how I would feel about this, but it’s my current theory.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the young dude is gonna be Will Turner’s son.

But if that’s the case Jack Sparrow is getting old.

yeah, given how Will Turner did show up in the second trailer and how the info about Henry states that he is:

A young man who tries to reconnect with his father. He struggles to break a curse that is preventing him from doing so.

it seems possible that Henry is going to be revealed as being Will Turner’s son.

1 Like

I mean he even looks like he’d e his son.

1 Like

I saw this “The Final Adventure” message in the trailer, and after serious thought I have come to the conclusion that movies 5 and 6 will be connected, like 2 and 3 were, and they could therefore be part of the same “adventure”. Hopefully this leads to some good story plots (however I’m a little worried about that with the old-enemy-from-the-past cliche in the trailer).

But I really don’t think that they will make a POTC film without Johnny Depp, he is kind of the main part of the franchise.

3 Likes

That makes much more sense, I hadn’t thought of it that way.

I think you and jayzor17 have hit the nail on the head.

On the box art that was revealed for the Silent Mary set, it show the sharks can connect to the underside of the deck. I wonder if we will see them swimming around down there in the movie, that would look pretty cool.

1 Like

Who has the LEGO The Silent Mary set?

From what I’ve heard, this pirate ship has problems sliding on carpeted areas due to the display-stands. I wonder if you guys with the set could put an idea to the test for me.

WARNING: This idea may put your set at risk!!!
Try adding an round 2x2 slide shoe piece (clear, if you have them) under the stands. Make sure that they are just barely extended from under the display-stands (maybe you can use the fallen mast for stability purposes).

If the stands are steady and not touching the ground, this idea should allow The Silent Mary to slide across carpet.

Let me know what happens.
:grinning:

Just saw Dead Men Tell No Tales. I’m really dissapointed.

which moron wrote this story…
They break the spear that removes all curses. so what should happen to turner. he should die on the spot because his heart is in a chest.

4 Likes

Not reading the spoiler, but this definitely makes me not wanna see it now.

I like all the previous movies but this one… just no.

the way they kill off barbose was super awfull. he hasn’t learned how to swim up apparantly…

I saw number 5 today and I generally liked it, however there are some significant plot holes and logical flaws that I can think of. Still, overall I though it was pretty good.

Saw it earlier today and loved it. Lots of fun, even if Salazar was kind of a lack luster villain. Excited to see where they go from here (hopefully it doesn’t take six years for the next sequel this time).

Pretty sure this was supposed to be the last pirates film, wasn’t it?

1 Like

there is an after credits scene which suggests that davy jones comes back…

I haven’t seen the after credit scene but I had heard of it before now. Davy Jones coming back doesn’t make much sense, but I would prefer that to getting a new villain again like Salazar, because he wasn’t the best.

Not necessarily. The trailers said this was the beginning of the “Final Adventure”, key word be beginning. 2 and 3 were the same adventure, so if Disney and Depp want to they could stretch out the “Final Adventure” for who knows how many more films (I think as many as Depp is willing to do). The after credits scene is actually a nice plot twist, however inconsistent, that I’m sure will be addressed in future films should they make them (which they probably will).

1 Like

What should this mean.
I recently viewed PotC 5 and I think this is the only movie that I saw on cinema that make me to cry at the final.

Whatever, I think that this is the final movie, because every curse ever was destroyed, so our pirates wouldn’t have any great enemies…

But did you watch the After Credits scene? It hinted at a possible sequel.

I watched the movie for myself on Tuesday. Wasn’t too bad, but it does have some flaws I wish were fixed. Definitely better than Stranger’s Tide.

I kinda wish this film were two movies instead of one, because far too much is going on in it and it feels so rushed. Could have used two movies to fix most of my complaints on this film.

The pacing to me was certainly a bit off in the film, which makes it feel a lot different compared to it’s predecessors. There isn’t a really defined second and third act, it’s mainly just two acts- set up for half the movie, and then quick resolution. There wasn’t any fluff. You got in and got out in a timely fashion compared to the other four.

Not sure how I feel about that quite yet, whether that’s a good or bad thing. I think in the long-run this might be looked at as a set-up adventure that creates new problems for our heroes, and films that have more of your typical three act plot structures.

1 Like

Well it was the shortest Pirates film to date.