Playmobil Movie

The not-LEGO movie is coming up…

Oh boy… Will this movie be as good as the LEGO Movie or it be worse then the emoji movie? Let’s discuss that!

2 Likes

This movie will be made just to promote those trash toys,and I also think it will be a rip-off from the LEGO movie. Playmobil is copying lego: They did some kind of Airjitzu,they did a Ghost Busters license and other licenses Lego had. They even did a trash ■■■■■■■’s name is Super 4, even the name sounds copied from Fantastic 4!

2 Likes

Internal suffering

Playmobil is more of a doll-house themed LEGO, centered more on the playing than on the building. While comparisons can be made (especially with the “minifig” packs), it may not be 100% fair to call them rip-offs. And imitation is the highest form of flattery, I guess.

I also refuse to watch this trailer willingly.

3 Likes

What do you mean?

Play mobile really isn’t trash, nor would I constitute it as a copy of Lego. As far as the movie goes, it looks fine. I’m sure it will be ok but probably pretty forgettable.

4 Likes

I’m choosing not to watch it, but if I see it on TV or as an ad or something, I probably wouldn’t close my eyes or anything.

1 Like

The trailer is very boring. I can barely recall anything from it.

1 Like

Sigh Of course. Because what isn’t getting a movie these days.

2 Likes

Overwatch.

1 Like

Fortnite

As for the trailer itself, it looks bad imo.

I’m curious, and would be willing to give it a shot

1 Like

Alright. Having seen the trailer, I don’t think it’ll be too bad. Even if it isn’t that good, it’ll at least be fun. Plus the animation quality actually looks pretty good.

1 Like

I think it might do ok with the audiences, but I can see it failing the critics…

I can see this movie existing but why involve the real world like that? Yeah the lego movie did it but it didn’t break the world; it was all just imaginination creating these characters.

3 Likes

I think I’ll give some more specific thoughts on the trailer.

Yes it’s clear they’re taking a lot of inspiration from the Lego Movie, especially with the premise of going to several thematic locations to reach their goal. Though its also clear that they’re going out of their way to make it different.

The idea of real world people getting magically sucked into the toy/imagination world, while not exactly original, is interesting.

On top of that, I did find some of the jokes to be somewhat funny.

All things considered, I’m looking forward to this, just to see how it turns out. Am I going to see it in theaters? No. But I’m still eager to see the final product.

1 Like

Heck no

Seems better than I was expecting, but I was expecting worse than the emoji movie

2 Likes

This could at least be entertainingly bad. I’ll probably watch it at some point.

1 Like

Yeah, about what I expected.

2 Likes

I don’t think production hell is the right term; I think someone just wanted to spare us the pain of this existing as long as they could.

2 Likes

Not all heroes wear capes.

3 Likes