Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

I live in Eastern time, and I think I’ll be on A.S. in about 2-3 hours, which may be skimming your time available.

@Gilahu I’ll get on ASAP when I get home. (I’m on a school computer)

Well, right now I have time.

Edit:

@Radiation-7901

So, Eastern Time - that means currently it’s about 1 p.m. where you live?

Well, in Central European Time it’s 7 p.m. already - and tomorrow I’ve got an exam…

What about tomorrow between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. for you?

1 Like

Sure, but I accidentally already made the PM. :sweat_smile:

I personally loved sun and moon. All the Pokémon arnt that great but still, they’re pretty solid.

1 Like

welp
I have gone and done it

I have completed the Alola dex
it only took about 2 months
but I did it
and I now has shiny charm

also as a side note
this was the song I was listening to when I was completing it

2 Likes

Now catch every all 802 Pokemon…,

…'s shiny form

3 Likes

I wonder what would happen if you proposed that to Ash.

We’d have more than enough seasons of Pokemon to come.

He’d probably finally become successful.

1 Like

I know right, it’s just too darn adorable to not have one!

@Tarvaax I’ve found that teaching Primarina sing can work out really well with online battles. Since your opponent has no way of waking it up, you have about 4 turns to scald them to death, or you could set up trick room with mimikyu, without taking damage.

@Koffern If you have Sogaleo in your party you can go through, then go to the Lake of the Moone on Ula’ Ula island (it’s in the Meadow) go to the middle and a cutscenes will happen, and you get Cosmog (get in the fracking bag nebby)

@Scarilian By the time I beat the full game and became Champion, I had played for 86 hours. (Don’t question it I just was really enjoying it)

#Do not double/triple/quadruple post. This is against Board rules and if you continue, you will be punished. Enough. - Eljay

Oh my gosh I feel like a freaking Pokemon Master now that I’m continuing with the post game.

My current team, consisting of Decidueye (PrfctCinaBun), Salazzle, Silvally (X⭐Null), Tapu Koko, Gyrados (Ms.Awesome), and Solgaleo (Getinthebag), managed to catch ALL the Ultra Beasts in Pokemon Sun (I’ll need to trade with @ToaKylerak for some of his) and managed to catch Necrozoma (which I figured is basically Gen 7 Mewtwo).

I also managed to get a million dollars, and now I wanna go to Kanto and buy a bike.

Other than that, I’ve also been using Global Trade to get starters from other Pokemon Gens. The complete team of starters I have is G1, which is Pikachu, Charmander (now Charizard), Bulbasaur (now Venusaur), and Squirtle (right now being trained as Wartortle to get to Blastoise). I plan on adding Snorlax and Alakazam into the mix to have a pure G1 team.

Things I need to do:
-Complete the 'Dex.
-Fight Red (smell you later Blue).
-Collect more starters from each gen (Gen 1 and 7 already complete).
-Catch the other Tapus.
-Fight the challengers for the championship.
-Other stuff I probably don’t know about.

Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with this game. I dunno what I’m gonna do after I’m done playing it. Maybe battle Kylerak or other friends? I have a lot to look forward to.

I still miss Lillie.

3 Likes

Me too.

I restarted the game a little while ago to play with a pure Alolan team (for some reason I didn’t do that in the first place), which I dropped halfway through. I really should go back and finish that.

Why did you restart? The Pokedex needs some fillin’ and there’s an awesome post-game.

I mean most of the game I had half-Alolan, half other generations. Alolan Pokemon are known for their slowness, so watch out with that. Which starter did you choose?

I found 'dexing to be tedious and it quickly lost me, and I’ve never cared much for competitive battling.

I used a Primarina the first time, this time I’m using a Incineroar. It’s kinda weird not needing a Pokemon for surf or fly; for the first time ever I had no flying type moves on my original team and now no water type moves.

Honestly I’m relieved HMs are gone. That was so tedious when travelling places.

Don’t get too comfy though. I’ve found water and electric types to be the most useful in pokemon games.

Good luck then. I used Decidueye and I don’t regret it. There’s a lot of water Pokemon on the island, so consider yourself challenged.

1 Like

Oh, so am I. It’s great not having to worry about clearing space for them, not to mention how fun it is to ride on the different Pokemon. My one complaint is that I was hoping Charizard glide would be more like the soar mechanic from ORAS, but it’s not that big a deal.

I used a Magnezone originally, and I believe that I have some sort of electric move this time around as well (it’s been so long that I can’t remember). Usually I use a water starter, so it’s interesting seeing what things are like without one.

I have a Lurantis, so water Pokemon aren’t too big a deal. Fomantis was really annoying to work with, especially right before it evolved, but it was so worth it.

Update: I just defeated Red and I’m honestly so happy.

Now I just gotta beat the Battle Tree, catch the Tapus, complete the dex, and make a team based off of each gen and I should be good. (And to remind people, each gen team is gonna have all 3 starters.)

2 Likes

I remember being so happy crushing Kukui in the championship after losing to him around seven times I went and finished the post game in three days.

I didn’t lose to him at all.

Now, the Elite Four is another story. The Ghost and Fighting types were a given for the Elite Four, but it was so bizzare to have Rock and Flying be types introduced. Of course, the toughest IMO had to be Olivia. Gosh who knew Rock types could be so intimidating when you keep defeating their gyms in previous gens?

Kahili definitely surprised me. She came out of the blue (seriously we never met her before) and brought in Flying types. What in the world. I mean it was sorta easy for me having Magnezone and Salazzle to handle the flying and steel types she used, but that doesn’t mean she had got strategy.

Plus the Elite Four theme in this gen is :ok_hand:.

2 Likes

Teach me your ways sensei.

I really don’t like it, it sounds like an overdone horror movie theme.

You don’t get to be champion of the Pokemon League without knowing how to spam Full Restores!

OK, I’m gonna be real here for a second. Many Alolan Pokemon are slow. Thus, I intended to find a rounded-out team consisting of Pokemon with relatively good speed. It’s also important to have Pokemon with a variety of moves.

• My Toucannon carried a fighting-type move, which REALLY helped against Kukui’s Snorlax.
  • My Salazzle carried a dragon-type move along with fire and poison type moves.
  • Water types are soooooooooooo crucial to have in any team, I think. They’re powerful attackers. I chose Gyrados due to his speed and power, which helped when Kukui brought out his Incineroar.
  • I had back-up with my Magnezone, who proved way more useful than I ever would have guessed. Seriously, Magnezone saved my team quite a few times while I revived my team during his turns.
  • Decidueye was actually a Pokemon I used least, and that’s because he didn’t have many type advantages against Kukui. Yet he was my starter throughout the whole game, one I fell back on. Kinda felt pretty good not to have to depend on him.
  • How can I forget Solgaleo? He was a huge help when fighting the Elite Four. I kinda traded my Alakazam for him when I finally got him, so I bet Alakazam is angry, but regardless ol’ Solgaleo was very useful.

Overall, please get a well-rounded team. That, along with full restores and revives, is the key to victory.

Really? I can’t see how. It starts off with this intense shaky feel and then gets into a really awesome and intense soundtrack that just screams “Kid! This ain’t just any Pokemon battle! This is the final test! You’d better be coming up with a good strategy!”

2 Likes