Pokémon Sword and Shield

With talks of the eight generation supposedly being this year, and the Nintendo Direct happening on the 27th of February, at 6AM PST, 2PM GMT, 9AM EST, 8AM CST, etc.

I speculate a more open world region (thanks to the switch) with a region either based on the UK or Italy

What are your speculations though? Write em here?

5 Likes

I hope we don’t get another bipedal fire starter again.

3 Likes

:pray: Please be Gen 4 remake :pray:

Platinum Best Game.

In all seriousness I’d like to see if they shake up the normal pokemon game formula further like with Sun and Moon.

1 Like

Direct just finished (Updated with new video)

I love the new region, not to sure about the new starters am either team Sobble or team Scorbunny , really hyped for the new games (hope the team is great)

1 Like

A smol rabbity boi, I like this.

1 Like

All these starters look the same and it disappoints me.

2 Likes

Sobble looks too much like mudkip in my opinion

Not just that. They all have the same head and body shape. The monkey and lizard share the same tail. It’s so uninspired for starter designs. A step back from G7 honestly.

1 Like

Region looks nice.
The names are cool.

But do the starters look fake to anyone else?

4 Likes

Maybe they’ll fix them with different mid and final evolutions?

I hope so. Because as is the designs just don’t feel like they fit in the Pokemon world.

2 Likes

Scorbunny totally looks like the final evolution is gonna be a Fire/Fighting type again…

And that male protagonist’s backpack… suitcase…thing is ugly.

2 Likes

Never into Pokémon (no clue why) when I was a kid, but I’ll say, the location is fantastic. It is giving huge vibes of either Germany (Towns) or Northern US (Forests). I love seeing more temperate settings in games, so this is no exception.

2 Likes

It’s been less than a day and there’s already some pretty funny art done.

(Click to see whole thing)

I’ll admit “Sword and Sheild” does sound really cool, it also feels like. Gamefreak is starting to stretch for names.

4 Likes

Yeah they feel like they had to rush it and looked like they decided to use one shape for the basis of all of them. They need to be more creative with the designs and should make every pokemon feel original and not manufactured.

3 Likes

Or pure fire…
Maybe a fire normal…
Or even fire ground

1 Like

That being said, another generation, and futher proof of the fire type zodiac theory.

5 Likes

(video is time-stamped, actually starts at 28:24)

4 Likes

Did we really need another sheep? And just a pure normal type, at that? Also, Drednaw looks a bit toy-etic to me especially for a water type. The rest are fine. Except the legendaies. I guess Gamefreak looked at the legendary Beasts and said, ‘Hey, you know what? These guys could use about 90% more stuff on their backs.’

I still hope the game turns out well, though; theirs still a chance, especially with it being on the Switch.

yes because scotland

4 Likes