Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon thoughts and speculation

I know people emulate them, it’s just uncommon. If the user’s 3DS has been modified, you can play it. I can’t confirm or deny that my copy is legitimate, but I can assure you that I will be purchasing both games on the 17th.

Piracy is still piracy, regardless of your intentions

2 Likes

This statement is quite true. :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed it is. However, I’m not advocating it, it’s within the person’s own moral compass.

1 Like

What?

So “do what I say, not as I do?”

Not really the best counter to the act of blatant piracy. :S

1 Like

I’m gonna try to de-escalate this argument before it starts. The topic is about Pokemon, not morality (although, one’s morality must already be pretty skewed to think imprisoning animals is fun /s). Let’s try and keep to the topic, eh?

All I ask is that you re-examine your morals. Willful or not, you’re still contributing to the illegal act known as piracy. I can understand people who justify it for the sake of playing old games that aren’t being sold anymore, but for a new game that hasn’t even been released yet? If I were the law, I wouldn’t know whether you were going to actually stick true to your statement or not. As far as I know, you’d say you’re buying the game to save face, but in the end not actually buy it. If you push someone, and that person bumps into someone else, tossing the last person off a building, you’re still responsible for the end result. Your end result is piracy, regardless of future plans. The world is just one big chain reaction, after all.

That said, I don’t want to berate you, I’m just suggesting that you not partake in illegal actions like this again. Leaks and piracy are very detrimental towards a company, and infringe on their legal rights. If you can infringe on their legal rights, then what’s to stop them from infringing on yours? Laws exist for a reason.

Forgiving and forgetting this, would you mind telling me about the story? Specifically, if the “insane Lusamine” plot is still there?

1 Like

From what I’ve seen in the reported leaks, most of the differentiating stuff happens post-game.

Cool, I was afraid that the whole “psycho mother” thing would be shelved for Necrozma stuff.

I’m not 100% myself. All I know is, you meet Rainbow Rocket and others post-game due to them being part of another reality that you’d enter to catch the Ultra Beasts as well.

NGL, I wish they saved that idea for Sun and Moon when you enter the reality to catch the extra Solgaleo or Lunala.

It most likely wasn’t even an idea at the time. Game Freak actually has two teams. The main team works on new generations, and the other one works on projects in between. The team that worked on USUM is the one that did Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire, Black 2 and White 2, and Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

1 Like

They worked on all of those? I’m really disappointed with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon then. Those remakes had a lot more fun stuff.

1 Like

Oh, you played through ORAS recently? Those are still my favorite entries to date. They really went above and beyond (SuMo have the best story, barring B&W though).

Yeah, I have Omega Ruby. Fun game, I just need to finish it.

1 Like

The post game quest is quite spectacular. I wish SuMo/USUM had one to match it in terms of quality and narrative.

1 Like

I’m glad we could keep everything civil.

Final trailer I suppose:

I’ve been avoiding Pokemon content since I actually plan to buy the game (im so narrow in my library), I’ve heard some review mentioning the motivation of some character are lacking, yet leaving a large element to experience.

1 Like

Assuming this place is good for general discussion of the games now that they’re out. Well, I somehow managed to find two shinies tonight. No raised odds, honestly I wasn’t even trying. Can’t say I’m complaining, this is pretty awesome.

1 Like

A compass that is wrong yields a direction that is wrong, not an alternative truth.
Piracy, however, is a victimless crime, unlike Nintendo charging middle class gamers twice for the same game.
I’ll just try to keep an open mind. While it might be cool for future Pokemon games to loose the shackles of 1996 Gameboy (which I loved), the alternative is the shepherd has already strewn too far from the sheep, following the doom of Bionicle.