POLL: BIONICLE G1 Canonization Contests?

Definitely! I wish you all the best! I will use your 3D Model for a pet project that I am currently working on (HINT: A PDF Online Guide Book for G1!).

1 Like

I mean, putting it on a wiki is one thing, but it’s also an incentive and motivator for people to build these character which is where I think the value of this really comes from.

2 Likes

I think we should just take a moment to assess what exactly a “quality” MOC is.

Within the given timeframe of this contest, the participants will definately have more than enough time to build a MOC that’s at least on the same level of quality as a G1 Toa set.

Now, IMO, when I think of “The G1 aesthetic”, I don’t think of an enormous thicc MOC that’s as tall as the height of my knee.
It would be a bit out of place for this MOC to be used to represent a member of a team of toa, who would be probably only be Glatorian-height at the tallest(set-wise)

Now, this isn’t to say that people should lower their standards for all MOCs overall. However, what I am saying is that the standards should be relevant to the individual character.

So like, an Artakha MOC should be held to a higher quality standard than a toa MOC, and characters such as him should get an extended deadline so they can get titan builds and whatnot.
But on the flipside, anyone with the collective pieces from just a few bionicle sets can make a Toa character that looks like it would fit in as an actual set.

So, my opinion is this: shorter deadlines for regular characters, and longer deadlines for more lore-significant characters who would likely be larger and more detailed.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.