[POLL] Licensed Themes VS Original Themes

I respect your opinion, but This is what I feel. When LEGO doesn’t have original themes anymore, is like KFC that doesn’t have chicken. Original themes have a lot more creativity put into them. You can buy all sorts of Infinity War toys that are non-lego. But Bionicle… can you buy any toy like it from anywhere else?

Yes. As long as it has a good story, I can compare other action figures with Bionicle.

Yeah, sure, like other toys have a story that can even compare to Bionicle…

Marvel.

1 Like

Many other stories can compare to Bionicle, such as Ninjago, Marvel (as Vladin said), Star Wars, Warcraft, Pokémon: Mystery Dungeon, even long running Homebrewed D&D games can potentially compare to it as well

(I’m not going to get into an argument though)

3 Likes

Forgot one thing:

I said another toy brand that has an original story that can compare to Bionicle. Marvel is licenced for both LEGO, and any other brand that would do toys based on it.

@Whaddon, does Licenced make any sense to you? You can’t compare a complex Story like Marvel, that a lot more people know about ,with Bionicle, which is only limited to LEGO fans

Well Bionicle was born to be limited to Lego and fail.

Marvel will fail too at some point, belive it or not.

Comic book companies always find a way to sell their comic books. Just look at DC: they’ve rebooted their whole universe twice using complex story telling. And fans loved it. Marvel has the same continuity from the 60s, and the fans still love it. The two franchises also found a way to adapt: there are sites with digital comic books, comic book video games that are tied in with the books, movies, toys, name it! Unless something big (like Star Wars was when A New Hope was released) came in, which is pretty unlikely for the predicting future, the comic book industry won’t fail.

1 Like

But won’t last forever, eighter. Nor LEGO will last forever.

Anyway, my opinion is my opinion, and your opinion is your opinion. If you like Marvel, no problem, it’s still better then hating LEGO (like all my friends laugh at me that I still like LEGO at this age). Everybody has it’s own distinct worldview and opinions. So, for peacefull reasons, let’s end this intense talking here, and let place for other people to share their opinions. We all see things diffrently, and is the point of this borads.

It’s not like there is a finite number of replies allocated to this topic.

No, but I want to develop a friendship with you, not hate each other because we have different perspectives.

Lego still has original themes, but the only reason they use licensed is because it sells really well, and it gives LEGO a good reputation and face.

Yeah, and people who get into LEGO recently will think of LEGO being a licensed thing. Sure. And new fans will not experience what we had experienced, no Bionicle, no Hero Factory, and nothing else. Just licensed.

LEGO: You know what? Our original themes don’t appeal to kids nowdays… So let’s give them licensed sets based on PG 13 movies or higher!

Me: Wait LEGO, on most sets it says that they are 5 years and up!

LEGO: I don’t care! We will keep selling them!

Me: 7-year olds arren’t supposed to see movies like Revenge of the Sith.

LEGO: Who cares! They sell well! They can watch it if they want to see what their set does in the movie!

I don’t see how this would happen.

It doesn’t work like this. Apart of some exceptions, Lego is mostly for kids even tho the movie is not that good for 7 years old. Actually, kids that young won’t even care about the movies. “Wow! It’s Star Wars! I want it.” And what is wrong with Revenge of the Sith for young kids? Compare it to IT.

Revenge of the Sith is too dark and absolutely not kid-friendly. Sure, is nothing compared to IT, but still, you won’t show that movie to a 7 year-old. And kids that buy this sets, will wish to see the movie from which their set came from. That was at least my case when I was little.

And as a side note, Revenge of the Sith is rated M (mature)( PG 16) in some countries.

My younger siblings have watched it multiple times, and they were fine.

I think Solo and TLJ are worse.

Same here.

My younger brothers have watched it too, and they were fine too because they had bigger brother and they were quite mature for their age. Still, LEGO promoting movies like this isn’t the way to go. Also Revenge of the Sith was worse, since the only thing that ruined TLJ is expectations.

There’s nothing in the RotS sets that in any way poses a problem for young children. I remember when I was younger and both the movie and sets came out. My parents refused to let me see the movie for a while, seeing how it was definitely the darkest Star Wars movie. That didn’t stop me from loving the sets and understanding their general premise.

Would those happen to be countries where the PG-13 rating doesn’t exist?

and when did this turn from “bashing licensed themes” to “Revenge of the Sith is too dark for Lego”

2 Likes