Portal/Half-Life Discussion

I wonder why no one made this sort of thing :confused:

Anyways, talk about one of the grestest video game franchises of all time as well as Portal since they are both connected.

6 Likes

I love both of these! Finished both Portals, and the first Half Life. Currently on Half Life 2. Great games!

2 Likes

Haha filthy pleb, I have HL1 + all expansions, both Portals, and HL2 beat. However, I am still unworthy as I havenā€™t finished Episodes 1 & 2

1 Like

Okay.

This thread is probably the best thread in existence.

Because Half Life is pure awesomeā€¦

Waitā€¦

Before me, 3 posts in this thread.

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

2 Likes

I have all the expansions, too. I bought the complete bundle.

As no one mentioned this yetā€¦
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
=P

3 Likes

I beat portal only dying onceā€¦it wasnā€™t that hard. The second was harder but i liked the story. As for half life Iā€™ve actually havenā€™t got around playing alot due to my tf2 addiction.

Has anyone ever tried ā€œthinking with time machinesā€ or ā€œaperture tagā€? There both based off portal.

Iā€™ve played all of the Half-Life series. I could say the same for Portal, but I havenā€™t gotten around to finishing Portal 2ā€™s Co-op mode.

1 Like

Oh god.
Why havenā€™t I noticed this topic?

Not really gonna talk about Half-Life, considering that I havenā€™t played it, and I have no real interest in playing it, but I have played Portal. A lot.

The Portal series sits up there with my favorite games of all time, having a fantastic story, great characters, and very interesting mechanics.

I wish that they made new DLC though, yā€™now :confused:

2 Likes

Apparently there will be valves announcment at 3rd march 3pm

1 Like

LOG
MARCH 4TH, 2015

-Still waiting for that Valve announcement :laughing:

1 Like

Welll, they announced Soruce 2ā€¦ half life 3 is getting closerā€¦ mabey at E3 2015

2 Likes

Strange, they already did a quiet Source 2 launch into Dota 2 quite a while agoā€¦

Not realy

Iā€™ve been literally addicted to Portal 2 recently! Itā€™s so fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve never played Half Life, but I really want to. Too bad itā€™s rated M.

2 Likes

Confirmed for fake.

2 Likes

Any thoughts about the Aperture VR demo?

Well

itā€™s alright

I hope that new Portal thing, ā€œThe Labā€ will have fun experiences and story stuff

For whatever reason, I didnā€™t really like the first Portal.

Portal 2, on the other hand, is one of my all time favorite games.

Half-Life 2 IS my all time favorite game and the series as a whole is just magnificent.

Now if only original joke here

Also, remember how Abrams said he was making Half Life movie?

Confirmed.

http://i.imgur.com/FtMXMXC.jpg

Edited for Double Post - Slime

2 Likes

So I played HL1, OP4, BS, and Uplink last winter and just got around to playing the HL2 anthology which I beat in the last week and a half.

I have yet to play Decay but I donā€™t think that thatā€™s that big of a deal.

And man I wish there was more out there cause the way the story ended just makes you want to know what comes next.

I might make a couple of posts on my general thoughts on each game but I do think that Half-Life is the best cause it doesnā€™t make you wait for people to talk every chapter which can get very annoying on subsequent playthroughs like in HL2 and has better level design and length than OP4 or BS.

Donā€™t get me wrong I love how the story is handled in the HL2 anthology it just gets annoying if its your 3rd time hearing the same conversation while you are stuck in a room.

Anyways Iā€™ll leave you with this:

1 Like