Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

So some discord chat was the source. I got this “leak” and these screenshots from the one of its members.

3 Likes

hmmm, isnt that just “Lov October”

3 Likes

how can you trustm someone who can’t spell trust?

I would like to propose that @Azani’s source did not see the word “Voloctoreb” but instead saw something like “Volecterb.” The latter word is an anagram for “Clever Bot,” which I think is a far more likely code name for a new constraction theme. Either that, or Lego anticipated being hacked by a bot, and left that word for the bot to find. All they’d have to do is periodically google the ultimately obscure “Volecterb” to find the hacker. If I’m right it takes them to this thread, back to Voloctoreb, and back to Azani’s source.

I’d also like to go ahead and examine the timing of this theme. In order to make a 2018 release, they would have to start planning it (at the very latest) around the same time the decision to end Bionicle was made. If true, it supports the hypothesis that Bionicle was not a commercial failure, because then the 2018 theme would be scrapped as well.

But here lies the rub: Why replace a line which is not doing poorly (assuming the above is true) with another random theme that won’t be ready for another two years? The answer which makes the most sense to me in this scenario is that Lego decided to pull a Ninjago to fix G2’s issues, rather than let G2 run it’s three year course. “Lov-A-Reboot” has an anagram very similar to Voloctereb, “VOLOATEREB”

The conclusion I just came to, however, makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. Why cancel Bionicle to pull a Ninjago? Just let it run to conclusion, and then bring it back again a few years later. This is a contradiction. Based on this, I doubt that there will be a new theme. The timing just doesn’t make sense.

5 Likes

what if they planned on bionicle g2 to fail? maybe lego planned an original constraction theme while the first year of g2 started because it was too late to increase g2’s marketing budget

we all know lego is dumb, needs a better person in charge, WHO KNOWS WHAT TO GIVE THE FANS, I VOLUNTEER FOR LEGO PRESIDENT, I’LL BRING BACK BONKLE G1!

3 Likes

I ENDORSE YOUR BID FOR PRESIDENT! GO THERE AND MAKE AN AWESOME CONSTRACTION THEME!

1 Like

Started the thread hyped. Ended the thread disappointed that I’ve been bamboozled.

6 Likes

Ok, this feels like Azani is just making stuff up. Either that or you.

5 Likes

we’ll know if he’s a liar or not once the leaked set images come out

2 Likes

Honestly, we will just have to wait for the summer catalog leaks to happen, which I would imagine should be soon-ish.

2 Likes

a lot of these “leaks” are real highly suspect, especially since

trust in leaks=lacking

3 Likes

It’s a conspiracy, man.

5 Likes

This doesn’t make any sense to your earlier claims.

Azani himself denounces this guy. Yet he says he trusts the guy? I’m calling bull on this one.

Azani, if you want anyone to trust you on this, make up your mind. Many of us have a sneaking suspicion you’re making stuff up. It’s either you reveal this source, or you get into hot water.

10 Likes

so there’s more than one person telling @Azani what’s in the summer 2018 lego catalog?

Or he’s simply lying to us.

Which is a possibility.

4 Likes

so how likely is it that he’s lying?

very
darn
likely

this is just me, but i wouldn’t trust it in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

It’s either that or there’s a severe lack of communication here.

Dunno how everyone fell for the Voloctoreb leak that popped out of the blue, but the titular 2018 leak is definitely not Azani’s. Check EB pl()x.

(I’m honestly kinda lost over what the lie is, but k.)

1 Like