Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

To be honest, I don’t have time right now to respond to all of this fairly, but I’ll stop by for a second to say that these are all very valid and reasonable points. Apologies for the initial harsh response. I’ll see if I can get back to this tomorrow.

And really quick, the logic that supports the idea that G2 sold alright (not necessarily well) was that:

A. TLG is likely the only reliable source for sales data.

B. Official TLG social media stated that the line “was successful”.

It’s debatable if that’s evidence enough, obviously; however, just for the record, that is the logic that exists. I’ve been making the case that none of us know enough to extrapolate in any meaningful way, and I’m unlikely to switch that up.

Well, that’s evidence, not logic…

Evidence can be disproven when logic is applied.

8 Likes

Thanks. It’s fine, we all mess up sometimes.

For specific statistics this is likely true. But that doesn’t change the fact that if something is clearly not performing up to expectations, then it’s not doing well. I’m not saying it sold horrendously (nearly two years means it was still making some sort of profit), but if it was a cut more than a year early, than sales were definitely getting worse.

Social media doesn’t always tell the truth. Lego has been known to have an odd history online, especially on their twitter.

6 Likes

Why wouldn’t they Bionicle was still on shelves, If lego straight up said Bionicle flopped people would most likely not buy it.

Whoever wrote this may not have had sufficient data, and/or decided to say this to calm down some fans.

1 Like

I get that. I’m just saying that it’s all we really have,

Or proven :stuck_out_tongue:

A. and B. together are a logical conclusion based on evidence.

2 Likes

You absolutely did, and I missed it. By bad. [quote=“Ghidora131, post:375, topic:40794”]
I won’t bore you with the mathematics behind it
[/quote]

I’m a Stats major. Go for it. [quote=“Ghidora131, post:375, topic:40794”]
massive sales decline in 2017
[/quote]

I’m going to go ahead and open up the worm can and ask how you know this. [quote=“Azani, post:384, topic:40794”]
A. and B. together are a logical conclusion based on evidence
[/quote]

Yes. To all the people who believe G2 did badly, there is as much testimony saying it sold great as there is saying it did not. Anecdotal evidence can be very misleading. It has been scientifically documented that towns which believed themselves to have an outbreak of a disease actually did not, but the anecdotal evidence caused them to convince themselves of it. Our best evidence is that Lego said it did okay. And if @Azani is right (I’m not saying he is) it would be further evidence to support Lego’s official G2 stance. [quote=“PeppyBricks, post:383, topic:40794”]
Whoever wrote this may not have had sufficient data, and/or decided to say this to calm down some fans.
[/quote]

Not having sufficient data is one thing. Outright making a policy decision to “calm down” the fans can be a fire-able offense at some companies. I think it’s more the former and less the latter.

4 Likes

Yeah, sorry if I sounded rude, man; I really didn’t mean to come off that way, if I did. I’ve just found myself repeating things a lot lately, both here and elsewhere on the 'net. No worries.

I want to reiterate that I might be wrong, and I’m totally opne to that; heck, I usually love having these discussions. I haven’t seen a lot of hard, provable evidence yet, but I’d like to see some.

2 Likes

You’re good. I totally get how frustrating this whole process would be. No worries.

3 Likes

Um, it’s everywhere? people have been talking about it for a while.

Brick Show’s take on it.[quote=“DinosaursUnited, post:385, topic:40794”]
I’m a Stats major. Go for it.
[/quote]

Don’t really have the time right now. I’ll see if I can get something whipped up tomorrow.

(Also, might want to edit that from G3 to G2)

2 Likes

Apparently I live under a rock. Thanks, I missed this. Is this all themes, or just SW constraction, of a combination do you know? It’s fine if you don’t just wondering. [quote=“Ghidora131, post:388, topic:40794”]
edit that from G3 to G2
[/quote]

Again, thanks.

2 Likes

It’s all general sales. Really, the impact is a slow decline, but LEGO is treating it like doomsday.

2 Likes

Ahhhh. Interesting. That might be relevant to this discussion then. If @Azani is right, perhaps Lego is looking for their next Bionicle to dig themselves out of their perceived hole.

2 Likes

That’s what doesn’t make sense.

LEGO closed Bionicle because, for one reason or another, it wasn’t making enough income to justify its existence - perceivably a very poor income to close it one year in advance. So why would they spin around a year or two later and try it again?

Obviously it wouldn’t be Bionicle, but it would be a standalone Constraction theme separate from Star Wars. So far no leak information that has made any sense has appeared, aside from ‘maybe it’s happening’ and the usual conjecture. Only… LEGO just did this, and it failed.

2 Likes

Unless Lego is panicked and now believes a similarly performing theme would be worth it? You’re right, it’s odd, which is why I’m inclined to think there won’t be a 2018 theme.

Its…beautiful

1 Like

This seems fairly interesting. Although I shouldn’t be I am hyped to see this, even if there is not a lot of evidence. Best case scenario: Another Bionicle G1, but with the set design of G2. Worst case scenario: Some nice, new parts that aren’t overpriced because of licensing fees. Looks like a win-win situation to me. It’s sad this is probably just a hoax…

2 Likes

you know looking back, i’m starting to see why the topic was temporarily shutdown

14 Likes

any news on this new theme yet?

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like it…

1 Like