Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

don’t forget that Legend of Chima is probably the closest LEGO have gone when it comes to a non-licensed war theme.

4 Likes

I also assumed that this was your intent, though it may have been wise for me to have clarified that in retrospect. Regardless, thanks for doing that.

looks like there’s some doubt about the existence of this constraction theme

Are you sure? Y’know, none of us have even considered this possibility.

/s

10 Likes

Star Wars came this close to being turned down, so I can understand profits winning then. But I don’t understand the Simpsons decision in the slightest.[quote=“Chronicler, post:419, topic:40794”]
Lego’s anti-violence policy is so loose when they had themes like Marvel and Lord of the Rings, and those movies have tons of violence. Not to mention Lego has guns in some of their sets, and cannons.
[/quote]

LEGO’s anti-violence policy is slimming, I know, but I highly doubt we’ll be seeing official LEGO DOOM sets anytime soon. I’d really like to see Nintendo Characters in CCBS form, but until KNEX’s license runs out I doubt that’ll be happening.

2 Likes

Guess I can say goodbye to my dreams of a God of War licensed theme, then.

To Telos Arheezee!
To Telos Arheezee!
To Telos Arheezee!
To Telos Arheezee Torah!

(Hopefully Skyrim’s still a viable option.)

1 Like

Wouldn’t set high hopes for Skyrim either

Maybe one day we can get the true Ghiddy line of sets everyone’s been dying for a Mecha line to rival that of something like Titanfall

2 Likes

at this point i don’t care what type of constraction line, as long as it does not have human head molds i’m good, all i want are the pieces

also i highly doubt we will ever get anything for video game sets or themes aside from dimensions

8 Likes

Which is ending

;~;

so yeah expect never to get anything videogame related again, then again valve actually finished the pyro update so at this point anything is possible

and with the titan fall comment, nope wont happen, knex has the rights for that

I said rivaling.

I.E. Exo force but enjoyable hides under table

Well, to be perfectly fair, you can go, like, (insert exaggeration here) hours in Skyrim without running into anything adult-oriented.
So there’s still plenty of content that could technically be considered kid-friendly.

1 Like

Blood, gore, NPC dialogue early on, etc. etc…

Honestly, I don’t think I care about getting any new constraction sets. They just aren’t popular anymore. I think LEGO is beating a dead horse if it tries anything, and I don’t want to look at any more trans and metalic heavy CCBS themes. 2016’s Bionicle sets were a sin.

I just don’t want it anymore.

Sorry for that loss, I guess… SWC, the only current line, isn’t transparent or metallic heavy, so there’s that.

2 Likes

But they’re so expensive. I do love them, they’re really cool, but my teenager budget says no.

2 Likes

I mean, I can get behind that. I’m buying them pretty rarely, but I feel like I’m a little more careful about my purchases when I know that I’ll be getting no more than one or two per wave.

1 Like

Getting a bricks and minifigs here shortly. Should quell my nostalgic thirst for the good old days at a cheaper price. I won’t have to worry about current lego stuff because I’ll have all the collectables I want lol.

But seriously, I really like those Star Wars constraction sets. I think if I get General Grievous and the endor trooper I’ll be good. It’s just not in the budget.

Don’t get your hopes up. Some of the stuff there is very expensive (At least the one near me). Anyways, I’m not getting my hopes up either. G2’s last wave made me loose some hope for non licensed constraction themes.

1 Like

HERASY

1 Like