Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

All stuff that can be found in other license-theme source material, such as Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings.
Plus, Lego gives the recomended age group for constraction sets far too little credit as it is. During that period of my life, for example, I was watching movies such as Hellraiser, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Friday the 13th. And not once did I ever have to sneak out of the house (or away from my parents) in order to see them.
Not saying they should take things that far, mind you, but a little extra research into what the majority of people actually feel is appropriate to expose their children to might prove to be somewhat beneficial when it comes to the guidelines of their licensing department or story teams.

This is called LEGO being a bit of a hypocrite. “Let’s add age rules and slowly not follow them.”[quote=“Timageness, post:440, topic:40794”]
During that period of my life, for example, I was watching movies such as Hellraiser, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Friday the 13th. And not once did I ever have to sneak out of the house (or away from my parents) in order to see them.
[/quote]

You say that like it’s a good thing[quote=“Timageness, post:440, topic:40794”]
a little extra research into what the majority of people actually feel is appropriate to expose their children to might prove to be somewhat beneficial when it comes to the guidelines of their licensing department or story teams.
[/quote]

So far, parents generally disapprove of having their children watching something blatantly beyond their age level. Howeve most parents are stupid and rush their kids to the next Suicide Squad or Guardians of the Galaxy because it has some kid-friendly aspects.

Fair enough, I suppose.
Still though, if they’re not following them now, what leads you to believe that they’d suddenly start doing so again in the future?

How is it not?
It’s not like they didn’t care and used the TV as a babysitter every time they went out or anything (though I do tend to joke about it with them from time to time); they just obviously realised that I was growing up and was mature enough to do so at that point in my life, and I just happened to do so a little earlier than expected.
To put things in perspective, I used to have a friend whose mom wouldn’t let him stay over my house for the night without meeting my parents… and he was a Senior in High School at the time, who was going off to serve in the military the following year. There is such a thing as being too over-protective.

Again, they should be taking their maturity level into account instead of their age. And yeah, parents should be held accountable for determining what content is ultimately appropriate for their children, but at the same time, kids are also growing up a bit more with each passing day as well, so there’s eventually going to be a point where they need to stop shielding them from the world at large and simply let them do so on their own.

1 Like

Just wondering real quick, when we’re the original Hero Factory sets leaked?

2 Likes

Oddly enough, it was found late December of 2009 below the Bionicle Star line.

But we rarely see a list like this nowadays:

Lego usually partner with “mature” theme if that brand had also been producing product for “younger” audience from other companies (ex. candy, plush, bed sheet, T-rated games, etc.) and sometimes with a brand that applied to all ages like K’nex, Mega Bloks, or Funko.

4 Likes

I’m thirsty for some leaks

Dude, it’s only November and this was a rumour to start with anyway.

13 Likes

I’m thirsty to ban people who post leaks with watermarks here.

22 Likes

FTFY

8 Likes

You’ll hear about them, if they come.

Respectable thirst. Hope it gets quenched. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just throwing this out there, in one of the 2018 Ninjago sets, there is a new constraction-type blade element used on a motorcycle, as spotted by @Ekimu. This could be a sign, but don’t get your hopes up.

6 Likes

I hate to rain on the parade, but I doubt that means anything. Blade pieces showing up in system is nothing new. If it were a bone or shell or something like that, maybe, but a blade doesn’t prove anything.

~W12~

8 Likes

Perhaps, but if there is a blade piece that is constraction that is in a system set, chances are it would also be used in an actual constraction line. Whether it will be Star Wars, or something new, or something like a new mech, it will probably be used as a hand-held weapon in something, as long as it has an axle.

2 Likes

It’s a new mold though. While I get what you are saying about constraction parts in system sets, many times new pieces have been used in random sets before their main use. This part is very clearly CCBS styled. I’m not going to say that this is definite proof of a constraction return, however, it would make sense.

3 Likes

As @DarkTakanuva pointed out, those new blades may have a rod connection rather than an axle. So they may not by all that “CCBS themed” after all.

~W12~

7 Likes

You all are talking about this piece, right?

(Just for clarification)

14 Likes

Yep.

~W12~

2 Likes

um, from what i can see from the image @Zekester posted, it looks to be axles connected. Not rod connected. I mean you can see that right? It lines up correctly for an axle connected piece.

10 Likes

Indeed, it has axle connection. The rod connections are on the blade where the red spikes are shown.

4 Likes

Judging from the placement of the axels and the thicker/flatter inner edge of the blade piece, it seems two of them may come together to form one large blade, similar to older blade pieces.

3 Likes