Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

I don’t know about that, the colour on that friends/disney set looks a little bit greener than dark azure. SO YOU NEVER KNOW!

It’s probably the lighting playing tricks.

The dark green of the pieces below it is probably reflecting off of them.

2 Likes

That what I was thinking when I saw the prelims for this set, but I think the Elsa figure in this has a medium azure dress, and that color, which is usually compared to teal, doesn’t look anything like the ‘teal’ in this. Only time will tell.

4 Likes

I hope lego isn’t pretending to use teal pieces

Rapidly clicks on my topic in excitement to see what could have possibly caused so much discussion and so many replies.

Reaches topic and scrolls like a crazed, ravenous, shipwreck survivor.

Realizes that the “news” is a single teal brick.

Seriously, though - this is pretty cool. Teal is tops. :slight_smile:

Based off of experience, we will likely know if any sort of CCBS theme exists by the start of February.

8 Likes

I don’t own a single Teal Piece…

here’s hoping that changes soon

5 Likes

This is teal

This is not.
Sorry.

~W12~

3 Likes

Left: Anna’s teal cape from Brickset.com.
Middle: Bright Bluish Green from Lego Wikia.
Right: This set.

https://i.imgur.com/KbNnyR1.png

You be the judge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

It’s still quite a bit brighter, and more blue, than the dark turquoise we once knew, or the cape piece. But it does have a green tint to it, I’ll say that. I guess it could be a new teal, which would make sense since the colour hasn’t been around in a while.

(or maybe it’s just really bad lighting and we have another yellow Pohatu situation)

~W12~

5 Likes

If it’s not the original, it has to be a new color. If you look at the full set, these spikes are also in this color on the little cart. I don’t think it’s lighting.

1 Like

TEAL PIECES CONFIRMED!

1 Like

Yes _Teal_Fire, we know you like Teal pieces, but for the sake of the community’s good reputation, please put your ■■■■■ back on. It’s a kid-friendly site.

16 Likes

Since when did Lego mis-advertise their sets colors? :upside_down:

https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/r/www/r/catalogs/-/media/franchises/bionicle%202014/characters/images/character%20top%20images%2016x9/70781-protector-of-earth-top-image.jpg?l.r2=-533864456

Also why all a sudden you users are talking about an old color returning? You can suspect all you want if it’s teal, but it doesn’t give enough evidence for this topic.

Yes, Teal (or Bright Bluish Green from Brickset) was mostly used in Technic sets during it’s first debut, but that doesn’t guarantee that it will be use on the next constraction set.

11 Likes

Since when is that teal

Also, colours translate to cloth differently than brick. Not only is that teal, it’s a piece I absolutely adore.[quote=“Willess12, post:529, topic:40794”]
It’s still quite a bit brighter, and more blue, than the dark turquoise we once knew, or the cape piece. But it does have a green tint to it, I’ll say that. I guess it could be a new teal, which would make sense since the colour hasn’t been around in a while.
[/quote]

Keep in mind, LEGO pieces weren’t that polished and reflective as they are now - and if LEGO’s secretly bringing their new plastic before 2030 (to make the change far more accepted in the community) then the colour may be slightly different due to simply being a different plastic.

But it’s teal, whether or not it’s the exact same colour I’m not too concerned. However, this doesn’t prove that we’re getting a new constraction theme at all, it just means we’re getting a returning colour in some capacity.[quote=“TealFire, post:513, topic:40794”]
I hope they make teal ccbs pieces for this new constraction theme
[/quote]

Don’t jump to conclusions.

Quietly staples ■■■■■ to trousers

4 Likes

Is there any precedent for Lego bringing back a retired color?

1 Like

I’ll admit that I don’t own the piece myself, but every source I’ve read on the piece lists it as being Dark Turqoise.

So I’ve been told. But it matches the rendering of past teal pieces, and is the only recent example available.

Meh, I’m inclined to agree with you. Initially, I dismissed it as not teal because it was too blue, but it does have a very clear green tint to it.

Well, I dunno if it was really retired, but Lego changed their gold to be a bit brighter… I don’t remember exactly when, sometime after 06, I wanna say it was around 2010? Anyway, they changed back to the darker gold when BIONICLE returned in 2015. So, yes, sorta.

~W12~

3 Likes

Is there any precedent for Lego bringing back a retired color?

LEGO brought back trans glitter clear in the glass cases in Belle’s Enchanted Castle last year. The last it appeared was ten years ago in the Duplo line. Similar situation with glitter trans purple. Its last appearance was in Clikits in 2006 until it was revived in 2015 for various Elves/Friends/Disney Princesses sets.

Then there’s Maersk blue which always gets reissued whenever a new Maersk licensed set gets released.

5 Likes

I suppose, you’re talking about the not so secret plan of plastic material change for LEGO by 2030.
The new “plastic” which would be the source of these materials, are plants; sugars, extracted from vegetation, such as wheat and corn, and then are used as a substitute for petroleum in the bricks.

Link

Perhaps we can even get some useful teal pieces from teal colored plants.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

That’s correct.

However, you have the issue of people being initially turned off by this new plastic, considering it potentially incompatible. LEGO could easily solve this by shoehorning it several years ahead of schedule, then letting the cat out of the bag when 2030 hits.

Would it solve all the problems? no. But it would solve a lot of them, including why teal is suddenly a different colour - different plastic.[quote=“Willess12, post:536, topic:40794”]
I’ll admit that I don’t own the piece myself, but every source I’ve read on the piece lists it as being Dark Turqoise.
[/quote]

Interestingly enough, LEGO prefers to call dark green ‘Earth Green’ now, and the standard colour of green is Dark Green instead. Granted, most of the AFOL community has not put up with the change, but considering what LEGO decides to rebrand its colours as, I wouldn’t be too surprised if they said the cape piece was a certain name, and the LEGO community members who don’t have the piece adopt LEGO’s name without a question. Of course we’l all have to wait until some Bionicle fanatic (like us) gets the set and compares the two.

But even if there’s a new constraction line in 2018, I don’t see how a returning colour would suddenly prove its existence.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’d trust anything from a teal colored plant!

3 Likes