Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

You are correct, yes. :slight_smile:

…Nah, I know how you feel. Right now, there’s not too much to go off of.

1 Like

Dude I’ve been wanting this since BIONICLE died. That or HF.

3 Likes

Although I’m highly skeptical of the validity of the leak, I’m cautiously optimistic. I might not be the biggest constraction fan and collector in the world (SYSTEM IS SUPERIOR YOU BUILDABLE ACTION FIGURE NERDS HAHAHAHA), it’s always nice to see something new come from the system. All it means for the fans is more parts and cool figures. As for LEGO itself, it would honestly be a shocker to see them give another constraction this sort of promotional material, especially after how hard G2 failed.

7 Likes

I’m just swinging by for the regular reminder that we have no empirical evidence to back that idea up - only anecdotes and conjecture. If anything is counted, we have evidence against the idea that G2 was a commercial failure.

2 Likes

K. I’d love to see some.

5 Likes

Ah, yes, like those free Skeleton sets being given away in late 2016.

5 Likes

"Overall the LEGO BIONICLE products have been successful. "

-Official LEGO® Twitter, 2016

I didn’t say that it sold great.

Read the post. I said that we had zero empirical, not anecdotal.

-Azani

2 Likes

They why are there still spooky bonkle skeletons at my local Toys R Us?

Link plox.

I also highly doubt Lego would directly tell us that a line was failing. That’s not good business.

6 Likes

I mean, as much as we make fun of that line, it is the only word from Lego we have.

~W12~

5 Likes

A theme that sells so poorly that sets are being literally given away for free with no profit at all for retailers didn’t sell badly, it sold horribly.

3 Likes

Doesn’t change the fact that you didn’t read my post.

Also, this is not necessarily true. It’s not evidence. It’s your personal, one-time experience. There are plenty of examples of this outside of LEGO.

@Chronicler Will have a link for you in just a sec. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m real sure that a theme met expectations if retailers can’t even sell their stock.

1 Like

There’s also the fact that we’ve seen stores STILL trying to get rid of them. One year after it’s demise. I’ve seen it at my local Toys R Us.

4 Likes

This is one of those awkward times when I’m not even arguing a debatable point - not really sure what to say. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

It’s just a fact that we don’t know. This is not my opinion. I don’t know. No one does.

I’m not arguing that G2 sold well; I’m just arguing

-Azani

1 Like

Then why are you arguing that G2 wasn’t a failure? You admitted it yourself. You have no clear answer if it was or not.

4 Likes

I guess that I haven’t been very clear. Not sure how.

I am not arguing that it wasn’t a failure, and I don’t know why it seems as though I am. I’m arguing that we don’t know either way, because we don’t have sales figures.

1 Like

Wait, a possible 2018 contraction theme?

This could mean two things:

One: HF is coming back
Two: GALIDOR G2 CONFORMED!!!

Of course I don’t actually think either is possible

3 Likes

Plox don’t do that it’s spam.

I’m just saying, from what I’ve SEEN, I don’t see much success. Tell me, how many people talk to you about G2, outside of these boards and BIONICLE websites? There isn’t a lot. IRL, people I know can only remember G1, and didn’t know G2 didn’t exist.

If G2 was a success, we would hear about it more. But all we usually hear about it is bickering from older fans or seeing how people hated it. And again, stores are STILL trying to sell all their product.

These signs don’t look good in G2’s case, and seeing this topic just feels like wishful thinking to me.

5 Likes

But everything indicates otherwise, which is what I think you’re missing. BIONICLE was obviously planned for a third year, but was cut down to two. Let’s think for a moment, why would LEGO do something like that to a theme that was ACTUALLY bringing in the sales numbers they wanted? If LEGO’s Twitter is to be believed (which I personally don’t since most larger companies like that wouldn’t admit to such a wrongdoing), it had hit their expectations. Then why were the 2015 Summer villains in a promotion where you could get one for free at a nationwide level, a promotion mind you that is usually for small polybags or minifigures? Why was it cut down an entire year? Why was its final wave limited down to a specific store in a few specific countries?

All I’m trying to say is that it’s way easier to say that G2 didn’t sell well. We don’t have the number of sets sold, but we have some pretty solid (although kind of anecdotal) evidence to prove otherwise.

5 Likes

That’s not what I’m trying to say. It’s what you’ve seen - which does count for something, yeah. But what you see or what I see isn’t ever going to come close to capturing the whole story. It just can’t.

Probably true; as I mentioned earlier, I started this topic because a few of us agreed that the G2 Discussion topic was getting cluttered. Regardless, this would have been discussed either way.