Potential 2020 Constraction theme speculation (?)

Two months of winter are the start of the new year. Yes, it would be 2020.

1 Like

Leaf honestly sounds like a slizers reboot

1 Like

Not throwbots then? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That would be great but there are low chances.

Honestly I don’t like the name ‘Throwbots’.

2 Likes

Yeah… Slizers is a better name. It’s kinda like the third fossil fighters game. Which sounds better?

Fossil fighters: Frontier

Or

Fossil fighters: Infinite Gear

1 Like

There hasn’t been any official confirmation whether CCBS is truly cancelled or not. Just because it’s not currently on shelves doesn’t mean they don’t have future plans for it.

1 Like

Or so we fervently hope.

1 Like

Read Risebell’s posts some time. Or better yet, do a tiny bit of digging like I have, and you’ll find LEGO isn’t making those pieces any more, i.e. they’re not going to show up in any new sets.

LEGO doesn’t put out an announcement for when they discontinue a piece or a series of pieces. Otherwise, there’d be flyers for the end of ZNAP.

1 Like

Where can I read them?

2 Likes

You mean bionicle or roboriders???

I mean neither. Just making a joke of off your username.

1 Like

Technically speaking, a few CCBS pieces are still in production, since they did appear in a few recent sets, like the Overwatch Wrecking Ball, for example:

1 Like

You’ll also notice that neither piece is modern CCBS, as one is a ball with axle holes and the other a socket attacked to a 2x4. When I say CCBS is dead I mean CCBS, not one or two CCBS-compatible pieces used mostly for connecting other CCBS-translating pieces to one another instead of attaching CCBS limbs or construction onto system models. Yes the latter did occur but not nearly as often as the ball and cup system being used almost entirely outside of it.

2 Likes

I’ve only always known it as throwbots and I kind of dig the tackiness of it, it feels very Lego imo.
I would love to see another constraction theme similar to that early stuff -with all the varied shapes and colours. More purple, orange and teal pls

3 Likes

Ahh how I want more turquoise sets…

You will always be in my heart, Turbo.

5 Likes

The codename “Leaf” could be a reference to the theme being Lego’s first fully-sustainable product line. Their new [Eco-friendly plant-based plastic solution] (These New Lego Pieces Are Made of Sustainable Plastics | WIRED) was a hit with fans who bought the “Plants From Plants” pack and the Wind Turbine model, so this could be the next step towards the complete replacement of ABS parts. If this is tied in with Faber’s new project, (however unlikely that may be,) it makes sense that he would be the designer to pioneer the company’s first environmentalist line of sets.

5 Likes

Maybe, but I don’t know about that. After all, Hidden Side’s codename was banana, so it could very well have nothing to do with it.

4 Likes

If this turns out to be a constraction theme, I think we should be grateful for it, regardless of how bad it would be. Look were hating Hero Factory has lead to: The Theme was doing just fine, but then G2 came along and permanently (or temporary, it remains to be seen) killed constraction. So please, if this leak turns out to be true, and we are indeed getting a new constraction theme, respect it and be grateful for it, even if you dislike it. I don’t want Constraction to die forever just because it isn’t Bionicle.

3 Likes

Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed HF, and Bio G2, for all the problems they had. I love construction, and I don’t want to see it die, but I think we may shut down whatever comes up, simply because we won’t give it a fair shake.

But that remains to be seen.

3 Likes

Faber recently shared that legend of Mata Nui Ideas project on his Facebook page with more cryptic stuff, -notably, the namedrop of BioKnights and using robots to explore space

Reading it reminds me of that 4chan post, what’s your guy’s take on it?

3 Likes