Potential 2020 Constraction theme speculation (?)

Can you show us an image of the post?

Which also means direct, out-and-out confirmation that this is a BIONICLE-inspired project. Obviously he’s dropped heavy hints before, but this is literally him saying it himself.

7 Likes

Well. That’s that then.

I believe this discussion is more suited to the 3IONICLE topic than this one though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The new sets reveal season has started, hopefully we will find out what this theme is soon.
@OmegaMasterOfCreation was Leaf listed as a Winter release or a Summer release?

1 Like

It wasn’t in the 1HY catalog, so it’s most likely a summer theme.

2 Likes

What doesn “1HY” stand for?

“1st half of the year”

This is pretty common as I’m pretty sure late last year Hidden Side’s codename surfaced online and it came out this past summer. I’d wager we’re gonna see pics through leaked catalog or possibly Nuremberg Toy Fair I think. LEGO stopped showing summer products at NYTF for some reason so unless they choose to bring a couple sets there I wouldn’t count on that.

4 Likes

What do you think is the earliest date we might see leaked pictures?

2 Likes

Hard to say really. Maybe somewhere in December-Feburary as that’s when stuff like that typically happens. I could end up being wrong though so we’ll see.

3 Likes

So DOTS is officially off the table for being constraction. Looks to be coming in March based on the recent catalogue

2 Likes

Nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

In case anyone was wondering where the actual product was in the ad,

There. Kinda odd how there was barely in presence in the ad.

1 Like

well… I’m Disappointed…

3 Likes

DOTS was never believed to be Constraction… It was known to be a Clickits reboot ever since it was first announced. Leaf is the upcoming theme that is believed to be constraction. It’s going to be released this summer, but I think we are going to find out what it is within the next mouth or so. Don’t loose hope yet.

2 Likes

I’m still hoping they might add some kind of extra gimmick to sell similar to the punching / Rahi gear functions or transformers like the rahkshi / bohrok. Maybe this time even advertise the combo models by splitting the directions between sets.
Im just hoping they learned their lesson and will actually advertise the theme with ads and a more accessible series or movie.

2 Likes

I still don’t think it’s a guarantee that it’s constraction either. I will reserve my judgement until we either get credible leaks, or actual official images to sink our teeth into.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’d love constraction, but I’ll be happy with just a new big bang theme.

1 Like

If it’s Big Bang than it will likely also have some parts that would work in Constraction MOCs, like Ninjago has. So I’m still pretty excited, even if it won’t be a Constraction theme.

2 Likes

I don’t even care that much about the constraction, I’m just tired of all the license themes. Especially when every single one of then is something I have little to no intrest in. SW probably gets the most intrest from me. I kinda wish we could go back to the old premise-based themes, I enjoyed those even more than most of the story-based themes.

2 Likes