Potential 2020 Constraction theme speculation (?)

This is definitely intriguing. I’m hesitant to get my hopes up too much, just in case this turns out to be something like LEGO Minions of Angry Birds or something, but still. I don’t think it’ll be Bionicle and I’m not expecting Constraction in general either, but at the very least I am hopeful this will wind up being a new original theme of some sort? I don’t think it has to do with the Faber’s stuff either. Guess we’ll find out sooner or later, at any rate, once the leaks start coming in…

3 Likes

I was actually meaning to mention this. Do we have set numbers or release dates for rhe minons stuff yet? If so, do they coincide with what we know of LEAF?

1 Like

Minions is coming in May and set numbers start with 75, while Leaf’s sets start with 71. Also, there are only 5 Minions sets compared to 14 for Leaf

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks.

But then again, nothing is impossible. Making a new LEGO theme takes quite a while (Hidden Side, for example, isn’t even a Big Bang theme, yet it they were working on it as early as 2017), so if it’s Constraction, it’s quite possible that they started working on it after Bionicle G2 ended, and planned it to release this year.

LEGO has been pretty tight on leaks lately, I doubt we will see anything until it’s officially revealed (Most likely at the NY Toy Fair in February, like Hidden Side was last year) . Otherwise, we would probably have known what it is already.

18, to be more exact.

1 Like

Where’d you get that number from? The site linked at the top of the topic only lists 14

1 Like

Lego minions? Please excuse me while I go get some bleach for preparation.

2 Likes

As long as Minions doesn’t look like Trolls, I’m down

The site has updated the list and now there are 18 sets in total.

1 Like

I hope we get Vector with his squid launcher. That way we can get a minifig squid launcher to go with the bionicle one.

7 Likes

For an unholy two seconds, I was wondering what a giant humanoid crocodile detective would be doing with a squid launcher :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yes, the Sonic franchises most beloved character makes his first appearance in LEGO form with his iconic squid launcher that he definitely always had

1 Like

He found it while he was looking for the computer room :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We recently got a leak of a big fig from an upcoming theme. And well, they say it’s LEAF. Bye bye hopes for constraction :sob:

Not sure how this site is with leaks, so I won’t show it. But from what I see, it looks like some weird guy from yet another schi-fi theme. Personally I’m really bored of modernized themes with tons of advanced vehicles. We already had Chima, Nexo Knights, Ninjago, Hidden Side, they are all sci-fi. I would prefer more fantasy, more new ideas.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what currently running LEGO theme do you have no complaints about?

1 Like

Does Dots count?

1 Like

MONKEY KID Trademark - Serial Number 88739879 :: Justia Trademarks lol pack it up boys, LEAF is a system theme based around Sun Wukong and Journey to the West.

I genuinely don’t think constraction is ever coming back, but it was a longshot. Keep the dream alive, maybe we’ll get something for the 20th anniversary.

Maybe.

4 Likes

While nothing you linked confirms that this is exactly what we’re getting, the logo is close enough that I’d say that’s a good bet. And honestly, this is something I could see being really cool. Overly Sarcastic Productions has given me a great appreciation for Journey to the West, Sun and his antics in particular, so this has the potential to be quite entertaining.

3 Likes

Interesting. No idea what this IP is, but could be good.

(For a split second I saw Sun Wukong, and my mind went to RWBY. Can you imagine that? That’s why he kinda dissapeared from the scene! He’s getting a spin off Lego line! :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

no. NO! THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED!!! IS LEGO TRYING TO LOSE MONEY?!?

(I’m actually really mad right now)