Power of the Forbidden Mask

This is the entry I made for the Makuta contest, and the first thing i’m posting on the message boards! I decided to make something fairly simple, to give it the look of something that might be a real set, and keeping with the general aesthetic of Okoto. Keeping this in mind, I mostly focused on making sure the set was stable, and well articulated. Sorry if my pictures aren’t up to snuff, this is my first time taking photos of a MOC beyond an extremely basic level, and I lack a white room to take photos of it in, so I improvised.

As for a story reason: My idea was that this is one of the many forms Makuta could take, kind of like the shape shifting powers of his Generation 1 counterpart, so, why not take the form of a dragon? Its a pretty loose idea… But honestly, I just liked the idea of Makuta turning into a dragon, Maleficent style.

30 Likes

nice dragon. Though perhaps adding some purple would really solidify Makuta’s presence

1 Like

Didn’t have any purple at the time of making this that wasn’t on an official set. Might do a V2 with some, though.

The neck is to long, apart from that this is quite neat

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t see alot of contrast toward Makuta. The structure of limbs are too long and need bulking.

Really like the colours and foot design! Overall, this guy seems pretty solid (though it’d be much easier to see with a plainer background for some pics). I don’t really have a problem with the super long tail and neck, I just think you should try to use larger shells on the neck to cover up the bones more (if you have the right parts that is).

Thanks. Planning on getting some 5 long Gunmetal shells for the neck for the V2, if I decide to do a V2

Actually, an earlier version of this had a shorter neck (Before I figured out how to make the jaw posable, even). I might revert back to it just to see how it looks.

Thanks. If I do do a V2, bulking up the limbs will be a thing for sure.

Edited for triple-post. Please familiarize yourself with the site rules if you haven’t. Thanks. --John Smith

1 Like

Oh boy triple post I think this is a pretty decent MoC, but the neck kinda drags it down. Otherwise, it’s pretty cool.

Thanks. Definitely hearing a lot about the neck. Will shorten it and take some pictures of that version tomorrow.

2 Likes

@Endymion remember the purple!!! Nice use of the Ninjago dragon head. I hope that counts as a Technic part :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It counts as Technic, since it only has technic connections (And the CCBS armor pin things)

I think you should shorten the neck, otherwise, very good.

Well…wasn’t expecting that as an entry.

Is it kinda bad that I like this by default simply because it’s NOT a huge black/gold/purple titan thing?

Oh and the wings, those are pretty 10/10.

1 Like

To be fair, the only reason it doesn’t have purple is because I don’t have any spare purple pieces. Thanks, though.

This is pretty sweet.

So, how’s V2 looking?

I shortened the neck, but decided against taking pictures until I improve upon it a bit further. Not sure when I’ll update it proper, but it will be eventually.

1 Like