Power scale: my OCs

Well, not exactly sure how a person would represent being 1,200,000,000,000 times stronger than a human. I’m also not sure why that would be necessary.

1 Like

Okay so for clarity’s sake, that’s not really how it works. Basically, something being able to destroy the moon would, well, still destroy the moon. Their planet being smaller does not change the power of outside forces, although since we’re talking about an original universe I don’t think it really matters. You do you.

As far as being overpowered goes and why this is a conversation, I think for the most part people are trying to rein you in and stop your creations from becoming a joke. Remember, overpowered is relative, and if your Character is the strongest in their universe, they don’t need a mathematical/scaled explanation of how they’re a few million times more powerful than a “human” that probably doesn’t exist anyways, that just makes everything seem very childish.

In the future, I would steer clear of numbered power rankings entirely, but that’s just me. I’ve always felt that the Dragon Ball Z style of deciding power was very immature and, really, an excuse for poor writing outside of the DBZ universe.

(DISCLAIMER: I love DBZ:A more than DBZ and I accept its flaws, it’s still great, and power levels work in the context of the show)

Educate, Don’t belittle.

Also, I fail to see how TXT’s characters cannot be gods in their own universes?

^^^^^ This is basically what I said just less wordy. People aren’t calling out your OP characters because they’re OP, they’re calling them out because they’re comically OP.

~Hawkeye

2 Likes

Exactly; it’s distracting becuase they are saitama levels of op despite TXT actually being serious.

Long story short,as long as he has a power level and he doesn’t have an atribute, then he is not a god, like Zeus Athena, etc. He is godlike.

Would a godlike creature not be a god to most people? I mean, I could say Zeus is 100x more powerful than a Human… would I be wrong?

Makuta Teridax is a god right up until the point we learn that there’s more than one Makuta, but until that point he and Mata Nui are described as gods.

Which, at least in Mata Nui’s case, they are.

A friendly reminder that you don’t need to be the God of Lightning or God of Wisdom, there can also simply be a God or Gods.

Bear in mind Vladin that normally I would agree, the way I write my worlds and design my characters is in line with what you’re saying, but this isn’t one of our worlds. If he wants his Makuta to be a God then that is perfectly acceptable.

~Hawkeye

Huh. Yes. But there are two things, at least in the irl gods.

1. He needs to be the god of something to exist.
  2. He IS the attribute that he represents. Athena is not as smart as a number of men, she IS wisdom. Hermes is not as fast as a number of men, he IS speed. If he has a power level comparable to a number of men, then he is a godlike.
    However, you are right.

You’re basing these assumptions on the old Pantheons, which were less “Gods of ____” and more the Physical manifestations of such attributes. Which is fine. If there exists a pantheon in this universe.

Basing things off of real life is fine, in fact it’s encouraged. You cannot however insist that something is not what the writer says it is because “That’s not how it works in Greek Mythology.”

The idea that you’re trying to say “The Writer can’t have X in his universe because that’s not how we classified it IRL” is just… wrong.

1 Like

The thing with the power level, however, is real. As long as a number a weak being such as humans can beat you, you are not a real god. You’re a godlike or, in the best case, demigod.

depends on what Pantheon you’re talking about [quote=“The-x-territory, post:20, topic:41625”]
On my bionicle planet which is smaller than the moon
[/quote]

… wouldn’t that mean they couldn’t go on bigger stellar entities? At the very least without great issue as they are not adapted to the high gravity

1 Like

Greek Gods could be hurt and defeated by humans/demigods. Does that make them less of gods?

Diomedes, for example took on three greek gods in a single day and didn’t die.

Face it Vladin, you’re imposing standards where there are none.

Fair point, but as a general rule the old pantheons all either embodied or were embodiments of whatever they were gods of.

~Hawkeye

2 Likes

He did?
Sorry, I haven’t read that myth. I need to reconsider my defi ition of ‘god’.