Problems with LEGO Bionicle (2015) Gears

I dunno. Perhaps switch out the transparent lift-arms for a different piece for more flexible legs?

And while your at it, perhaps you can replace the yellow gears with more black ones.

1 Like

Here’s a revamp someone did.

Check it out!

EDIT: Check this out!!

I wonder if LEGO will eventually do this with most of the BIONICLE 2015 Creatures when you collect them.

5 Likes

My G2 Tahu’s gears have become as loose as my Mata Tahu, its reeealy weird

1 Like

How long did you ‘gear-function’ it after you built it?

And define ‘loose’.

um… alot i think, and loose as it moves when tapped

1 Like

just replace the blue pins with more frictional ones.

1 Like

Huh. I got my lewa in April but his gears are tight. In fact when I first got him I struggled to move the gears.

2 Likes

@cowardlyzebra

OK.
Does the arm fall because of the black ball (see instructions step #6) it is attached to?
Or is it stuck tight? You can figure this out by taking Tahu’s arm out of the gearbox, and swinging it around.
If it’s like the first, try attaching Tahu’s arm to the other black ball one next to it.

If it is not this, do the gear-box holes seem a little too big for the pins/TECHNIC bars?
If so, I advise two things:

• 1. Try switching Tahu’s gear-box with another Toa’s gearbox (I did it temporarily with my Lewa and Kopaka).
  • 2. Order on LEGO.com either a new gear-box, or blue pins.
5 Likes

ill try it! thanks!

2 Likes

If you have any more questions, ask! :smile:

1 Like

if i do ill make sure to! thank you!

1 Like

I have the same problem with his shield arm

1 Like

@wolfman777

Did you do what ‘Post 53’ said?

Or are you saying that because it’s not working?

EDIT: @cowardlyzebra

Improved Skull Scorpio!

Imgur

Another Skull Scorpio Upgrade!

Note: I didn’t do these.

2 Likes

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: Mods To The 2015 Sets

1 Like

Thanks for that. I didn’t know about that topic!

But, if someone asks me about problems with Ekimu and Skull Grinder, could I repost those three posts on ‘Problems with LEGO Bionicle 2015 Gears’?

Or do I need to repost them in a way that doesn’t make it seem like a modification, but a solution to a problem?

1 Like

Let me put it this way:

Have discussion or solutions to Lego Bionicle 2015 gears? Post it here. Got discussion or solutions to things not Lego Bionicle 2015 gears? Post it elsewhere.

2 Likes

The day I got Skull Slicer, I combined him with Skull Warrior and Skull Basher to create the (not official name) Skull Crusher Figure.
I also did the same thing with Skull Scorpio and the Mask Maker VS Skull Grinder set to create the (again, not official name) King Grinder Figure.

After a two of enjoying these combos, I rebuilt them to their original state (my shelf seemed a little empty).
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

However, Skull Slicer, Skull Grinder and Ekimu now have NO FRICTION AT ALL. Also, the gears seem to have lost their purpose of keeping the arms posed in place.
:frowning:

I don’t know if this has happened to everybody who has built the combo-builds, but I’m asking, “Has this happened to anybody else?
:confused:

1 Like

Yeah it’s happened to my Skull Grinder.

2 Likes

I was digging through my LEGO boxes to find some new-ish blue axle pins and old gears. Those seem to work on everyone.

Except Tahu. I think I might give him more of a Kopaka-build (gears under the arms).

a couple of my lego sets have been loosing friction , especially kopaka , its weird

2 Likes