Progressive Rock

i recommend watching/ reading it

Not so much rock as more metal, but In Vain i an incredible band.

Almost a year since I rated all the Genesis albums, I think I’d swap Duke and Trick now. So Duke would be 5th place for me now. Man has it grown on me since then, and that’s even with it being high up there already. I think I’d also swap Invisible Touch and Trespass, but not so sure on that.

Oh, I know I said that “I don’t think I’m gonna change my mind about Lamb” but at this point, it’s closer to trading places with Foxtrot than Foxtrot is to changing places with Selling England. In all fairness, I have Lamb rated at 4.5/5 while Foxtrot is 5/5, but part of that 5/5 is sentiment and appreciation for getting me into prog.

3 Likes

At long last :stuck_out_tongue:

Tbf, those top 3 are all basically interchangeable, I’d say. I think I’d go Seling England/Lamb/Foxtrot personally, but that’s kind of arbitrary.

1 Like

My ranking is pretty much the same now as it was when I posted it here, though Duke has shot all the way to third place, and Abacab to eleventh.

I’m not even sure what my top ten prog albums would be now, but I do know that A Trick Of The Tail has passed Close To The Edge, and is neck and neck with Thick As A Brick for the number one spot.

1 Like

Another follow up, I would probably swap out Calling All Stations and put that in 13th place, ahead of We Can’t Dance and From Genesis to Revelation. They all kind of float around a 3/5 rating for me. Honestly WCD has the better high points than CAS, but it has a lot of meh filler and I find CAS more enjoyable as a whole… I think.

Also Duke is either 4 or 5 now, at the very least Trick of the Tail is out.

1 Like