Proposition regarding double posting

I am aware that I have had a double posting issue before, but please allow me to bring forth this idea.

I believe many of us have had an issue where they posted something in a topic a week or more ago, but no one else has commented there since. What if we would like to post something else there? May this be considered if it hasn’t been in the past?

I usually either edit the post, or delete it. If I want to keep what’s on the old post, I copy it all, paste it into the new post, write up the rest of the new post, post that, then delete the old post.

5 Likes

Personally, I’m going to go with no. I’d refer to Maximus’ recommendation when it comes to this, as it’s a really excellent suggestion.

9 Likes

Currently the only categories that tangentially allow for double posting are the RPGs section and the Literature section. This is because the nature of these boards sometimes necessitates posting new content to continue the story or game. Of course, these are still considered on a case by case basis when they’re brought to our attention.

The entire point behind not allowing double posting is to let dead conversations and topics die. Maximus’ suggestion is actually a brilliant workaround and I suggest doing that in the future.

Unlike a lot of other boards, the TTVBoard does not have an “age limit” on topics, so to speak. Because of this, we have to be fairly strict about double posting, as we don’t close out entire topics if they’re posted in after a few weeks or months, but we also don’t want people keeping a topic alive solely by themselves.

~Hawkeye

3 Likes

@Kini_Hawkeye double posting is allowed in those topics? You learn something new every day lol. Thanks for the response. @Eljay, thanks to you too!

Heck, thanks for helping to run this site! Y’all are awesome!

EDIT: I suppose I should thank @MaxinePrimal too haha

3 Likes