LEGO Prototypes Discussion

I didn’t knew i needed a mantis until i did.

2 Likes

Wow, these look awsome!

stares in awe Looking at those makes me wish they’d still continued the mask packs into at least 2004.

2 Likes

Those look amazing :goo:

I love how Axxon and Brutaka remained virtually unchanged between prototype and actual set, unlike the other sets of '06. Guess you can’t really change perfection.

17 Likes

Giant flaming slab of magma not included

His claws were originally pure gold as shown here

13 Likes

I think that’s just the boxart because they aren’t like that on the model. And yes a few minor things changed, like the shape of his mask, but otherwise they’re pretty much the same.

3 Likes

Looking at old toy fair pics is fun, because you never know what you’ll find if you look closely…

See anything…different with the Visorak? :dizzy_face:

Suukorak

7 Likes

But you can see the canister behind him show him with his white body. I think it was some kind of building mistake.

1 Like

Perhaps, but a silver carapace was never released to my knowledge

Maybe it came from a prototype and they just run out of time to make the white body.

1 Like

I never knew how much I needed a silver Visorak carapace until now.

4 Likes

they’re posed decently. :wink:

10 Likes

Because Zaktan demands it;

18 Likes

Great, I come back to the Boards for five minutes to check on things, and I’ve been exposed to three separate pieces of Bionicle nightmare fuel.

3 Likes

You never know what you want until you see it :stuck_out_tongue:

@Scarilian where is that pic even from

First one is the only good one.

1 Like

Brutaka is still one of my favourite titans, menacing, memorable design and had additional ‘arms’ if needed.

I’m curious what the other two pieces are xD

Kind of just googled Zaktan, think its from Bionicle Heroes or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually it’s someone posing the hero’s Zaktan model in Source Film Maker to imitate a meme. I found versions with the other 5 Piraka.

9 Likes

Flying Tarduk and the aforementioned Zaktan Tower.

2 Likes