PSA: Solek Comments

This post is basically a PSA regarding the status of Solek comments over on our YT Channel, hence why it’s being posted here and not under “Rules and Guidelines.” I’d encourage you to share the contents of this post or the post itself with anybody you think would find it useful, because I’d hate to have to discipline anybody who just isn’t aware of the change in rules.

As of 11/17/15, Solek-related comments are not allowed to be posted on our YT channel comments section. These types of comments are also not allowed on the TTV Message Boards. This includes all the spam of Solek’s name, the “Solekism” jokes, as well as any other Matoran-related spam. If you do opt to post these messages, you will have your comments deleted and your account blocked from commenting on our channel.

This may seem harsh, but we’re doing it to preserve the integrity of our comments section. We were hoping the joke would just die off eventually ala Omega Tahu, but when you post a Breaking News video and literally the majority of the comments are Solek spam it starts to get really obnoxious.

The joke was funny at first (especially to me), and you all had four solid months to run with it and have your fun, but it’s time to close up shop. Thanks for being understanding and abiding by these new terms. Hopefully the YT Comments are a much more enjoyable place now. :smiley:

-Mesonak

53 Likes

It’s a shame it had to come to this. But people really really drove that joke in the ground. It’ll be nice to finally have some breathing room in the comments.

16 Likes

Well that happened.

I am going to assume that stories involving Solek (that have legitimate effort put into them) don’t count as Solek or Solekism jokes. Not saying I am going to write a story like that, I’m just curious.

Yeah, I know this PSA more going after the spam, but I can tell that the line for what is legit and what is spam is very thin here.

9 Likes

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201519/rs_499x281-150209111403-tumblr_mqkmawkBwY1s91gg0o4_500.gif

19 Likes

Does this include Joke Art? Because there are a couple of those lying around the Boards.

2 Likes

Yeah, legit fanfiction and MoCs are perfectly alright. It’s very clear to us as TTV what we view as unacceptable, and we will approach everything from a case-by-case basis if there’s ever any confusion. We just reserve the right to delete whatever we feel needs to be deleted. :stuck_out_tongue:

Case-by-case. We’re not going to delete anything that people have already posted, but we’ll see what happens in the near future and go from there. I would assume that joke art that perpetuates the joke would not be allowed, whereas legit pieces of art and MoCs would be.

-Mesonak

6 Likes

Well it’s about time.

31 Likes

Yee, now I can read comments that actually have something to do with the video

Poor @SolekTheLawd has to change his name now :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Finally! I am glad we can actually discuss in the comment section! Even though I am on vessel mostly :wink:

7 Likes

It had to come eventually, we have our own groups anyway, so that won’t be too big of a problem for us Solekians. Although i gotta ask, would it be bad if Solek comments were allowed on the upcoming review of the av-matorans? (ONLY that video).

4 Likes

You.

I like you.

Mostly because I like Solek’s mask too.

1 Like

Thank you Meso!

4 Likes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

YES

#YUUUUUUUUSSSSSS!!!

7 Likes

So even if they’re well thought out jokes that you can tell have some actual thought behind them they’ll be deleted?

1 Like

A glorious announcement!

2 Likes

If I had to wager, I’d say that’d probably be allowed. Or, at least, I would think so. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

9 Likes

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/124680/2751713-4636531749-tumbl.gif

5 Likes

I actually tried to but for some reason I can’t change it. Any solutions?

3 Likes

Not all of them were well thought out though, and i’m saying this as a Solekian.

3 Likes