PSA: Solek Comments

Ah yes, the demise of the solek meme. Not a surprise.
I’ve never encountered it much in spam form, this is probably entirely due to the fact i watch all TTV videos on vessel, with a subscription, because i’m just thaaaat cool :sunglasses:.
Didn’t think much of it, it just was an odd subcommunity on the boards, i’m pretty unaffected by this. wich raises the question ; why am i posting this ?
But i’m glad that spam won’t be tolerated, and that everything’s kept quite tidy.

6 Likes

No! It’s beautiful!

3 Likes

I’m aware that people who didn’t spam solek and such actually liked that Solek and Melum fanart. However if @Mesonak says it must be exterminated it shall be done.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that too much. You can change that stuff of your own accord, but I see no reason to delete artwork you’ve made. I’m not interested in wiping out peoples’ creative work, just exterminating the spam. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

9 Likes
11 Likes

Finally! Thanks, Meso! Looking through the comments section was always intolerable! :smiley:

1 Like

Most of our activity will be in our google + account anyway, and the only reason why i asked if TTV could allow the Solek comments again on the Av-matoran recap review (ONLY), was just because i though it was appropriate . Also i don’t like the Solek community solely because of the spam, i’m actually somewhat thankful TTV removed the S**** spam. It got out of hand, and i’m not the only S****ian who thinks this.

4 Likes

Yeah; as far as we’re concerned, we’re not against people having fun with jokes they find funny. That’s why it’s cool that there are Google+ groups where you all can still enjoy yourselves and interact with each other. We just can’t tolerate the stuff on our Message Boards or Comments section due to the atmosphere it creates.

Thanks to you all for being understanding and receptive; feel free to spread the word about this to anybody you know who may not have seen it yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

10 Likes

I’ll delete every comment related to this nonsense with extreme prejudice.

AKA I won’t allow it on that video.

(Coming to a December near you.)

12 Likes

The Solek joke was like the TTV/Bionicle equivalent of the John Cena meme.
It got old really fast and wasn’t funny after people were trying to have legitimate conversation and it got ruined by people intruding or shoving a meme to the forefront of a comment section.
Anyways, thanks Meso.

8 Likes

I kinda can’t help but agree, it was funny at first, but got seriously out of hand. If it hadn’t there probly could’ve been some really funny Solek jokes on that video, but the way the joke is right now, I doubt anything intelligent would come out of it.

1 Like

I’m getting so tired of this, the fad should’ve been gone long ago. I’m not gonna tell anyone to stop, but I’m not gonna be quiet about it if anyone asks.

4 Likes

I made a few Jokes around MakutaFest, and a few more later, like in the Mesolek Art Topic, but I’m not to worried if I can’t make any more…

1 Like

Is it still okay to post comments that have to do with solek but aren’t meant as a joke and are supposed to be serious?

2 Likes

I honestly didn’t think the whole Solek thing would go this far. I admit it did get annoying.

4 Likes

Man, a few years down the line kids will go over the board rules and be like “What’s a solek” and they will never know about the horrors of the past.

Good decision.

12 Likes

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. ~Some Chump.

7 Likes

Those kids will probably get their questions deleted due to the risk of the meme being brought up again :stuck_out_tongue:

AKA questioning is forbidden, for ignorance creates obedience

4 Likes

Of course, Solek is a BIONICLE character after all. If ever there is any uncertainty, we reserve the right to handle every situation on a case-by-case basis. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

6 Likes

Ok thanks just clearing it up

1 Like