Punga-Punga

An aquatic fellow who’s mostly yellow. In fact his name is the Maori word for yellow.

The mask is 3D printed from Shapeways. It’s supposed to be a Pridak variant. But as soon as I bought it I knew I was going to paint it yellow and make it a new character.

There are two other 3D printed parts on his back holding the fins.

The shin armor is from a Bionicle copycat brand called Masters of Disaster. The set is so rough I couldn’t even build the figure. But it has some really cool parts like those.

Prisma

50 Likes

If nautical nonsense be something you wish… :stuck_out_tongue:

or alternatively: In the town where I was born, lived a man who sailed to sea…

5 Likes

Great use of the bootleg parts! And the custom shapeaways mask is amazing!

1 Like

Hey!! I know that back decal!

1 Like

He’s the most killer of bees! 9/10

1 Like

Awesome colors and I love the way you built the claws

1 Like

Very nice! I too like to use 3d printed parts, but I haven’t tried painting them yet. I especially like those bootleg parts, been considering picking them up, but haven’t so as to not taint my pure Bionicle bin kappapride. Those hands look very nice as well, I haven’t strayed from the classic and glatorian hands myself, but I do very much so like the look of those claws!

1 Like

Thanks dude. I know what you mean about not mixing bootleg parts. I usually keep them separate so that they’re easier to find.

I like the bold colour scheme. Although I’m pretty sure Kowhai means yellow in Maori, whereas punga is a type of palm. :wink: but it’s fine, I like the spikes and fins everywhere, really gives it a aquatic feel.

1 Like