Quest for Makuta Board Game Question

So over the summer, by pure happenstance, I managed to find the Quest For Makuta board game at the flea market. So first thing I wanted to ask was, does anyone else have this game, and have you played it? Second thing I wanted to ask was about something in the game’s instruction manual. It talks about the Matoran (then still called the Tohunga) fearing the Toa and how natural disasters are the result of the Toa getting angry at the Matoran or the Toa fighting each other. Either the Toa had very different characterizations than I remember back in the day, or Roseart (the company Lego commissioned to make the game) just pulled that out of their butts. What does everyone else think?

I think Roseart didn’t understand Bonkle.

I can just imagine their thought process when Lego asked them to make this.

“Dur, we know them Bionimacles. We make crayons and markers, we can understand Bionimacata.”

Well I have played this and the games okay but can be quite a frustration since there are many op items and opponents can screw you over quite easily

When it comes to the story material I have not noticed any problems.
Anyway that’s probably because I have the Scandinavian print of the game which was published by danspil

Have the game, too, and upon taking a look into the manual (German) again - yes, there are weird things written there.

A few examples (rough translations):

• “the Tohunga worship the Toa out of awe and fear”
  • “The Tohunga believe Onua is responsible for creating Earthquakes - a sign that he isn’t satisfied with the way the Tohunga care for the Earth”
  • “Tahu is the eldest of the Toa, he was created when the planet itself was forming.”
  • “Lewa is the youngest of the Toa. The Tohunga believe that rain is the result of the eternal conflict between Lewa and Gali, they believe that the thunder is the sound of them fighting.”
  • “Gali, while still young, is very wise. Since the Tohunga believe that she sustains life itself, they worship her more than any other Toa”
  • “While the Tohunga fear Kopaka’s great power, they appreciate it for protecting them from Tahu’s fire.”
  • “Pohatu is the ancient Toa of Stone and liked by all other Toa. The Tohunga try to not make him angry because they fear the deadly landslides he can cause.”

All in all I get the impression that the Toa were rather treated as gods in the backstory of this game rather than as heroes.
Interestingly the information about the Turaga is correct.

Played the game a couple times, but while it’s nice enough it isn’t that great in my opinion. I really like that you can actually build the whole island of Mata Nui with the map pieces and everything fits, though - you can actually play the game with the whole island built and get everywhere.

Moved to the Ask Category and rename title for clarification. -square