R.O.A. Suit

So It cannot be both a mech/Exo-sut/mechanized armor, and be judged on it’s own. Good to know if I see a mech M.O.C. I can’t judge as it’s own thing?[quote=“Constraction_Deva, post:40, topic:36786”]
Dude, I didn’t even mention your name, I was speaking in generalities.
[/quote]
Yeah but we all know who you were responding to, my friend.[quote=“Chronicler, post:41, topic:36786, full:true”]
I’m close to shutting down this topic. If you people keep up the hostilities I will shut this down.
[/quote]
Ok since you appear to be responding to TheMoltenKing, I took the time to read his post and to be frank he was much nicer than I was at first to be fair to both sides. I have a youtube channel and if a guy responds to another guy I don’t block him because he was “hostile”. If you had responded to me I could understand, but TheMoltenKing just wanted to add to his opinion on the mech, Thats all.

1 Like

Ok, most mechs the pilot is either too small or is completely inside so it doesn’t make much of a difference. On this moc the pilot takes up a large amount of space. If you want to criticize the exo suit alone, go ahead. Just know it’s like criticizing a half completed piece of art.

Also, I believe Cronk was addressing everyone.

I accidentally responded to molten. Apologies on my part, I meant to be general.

3 Likes

Allow me to straighten up this argument by simply explaining what the fundamental differences of an exo-suit, mecha, and powered suits are. There are FUNDAMENTAL differences between the three.

Exo-Suit/Exoskeleton: basically powered armor without the armor. Think the suits the soldiers use in the Alien franchise.
Mecha: A robotic suit that is large enough to have a cockpit for controls. Usually this means that the mechas movement are usually determined by controls. (Hard to explain: but stuff like the Gundams in G-Gundam are also in this category)
Powered-Armor: Similar to an Exo-Suit, but with armor.

They are all underneath the topic of robotic enhancements. Just to clear that up.[quote=“Omega_Tahu, post:28, topic:36786”]
So which is is than exoskeleton or ex-suit, they are not the same thing.
[/quote]
They pretty much are different words for the same definition.

This makes no sense IMO. The Hulk-Buster is a mecha, not an exo-suit. This example is pretty much void.

You can’t throw around these phrases and pretend like you understand what they mean. The R.O.A Suit is an Exo-Suit/Exoskeleton. It does not have armor, and does not have a cockpit really either. You cannot compare it do say: a Lego Mecha set, or a mecha in other fictional media. Compare it to say: basically any other exo-suit.

That being said: I don’t mean to be hostile: but it’s slightly annoying to have people use these phrases without knowing their definitions and thinking they are the same… etc.

3 Likes

Well said. Personally I didn’t even know there were different terms for these uh… mechanical enhancements? Anyways, I do really like this moc, especially since it is a exoskeleton (right?) as opposed to most Mocs of uh… mechanical enhancements.

2 Likes

Fine then let me use an even more obvious and relevant example. Iron man’s suit. That is an Exo-sut, and guess what? It doesn’t have two gaping holes because his armor needs a pilot. [quote=“IonicNova, post:45, topic:36786”]
So which is is than exoskeleton or ex-suit, they are not the same thing.

They pretty much are different words for the same definition
[/quote]
No they are not an exoskeleton is something organic or metallic that supports a being’s body because they can’t exit without it Ex. Arthropods. An exo-suit is some thing like the aforementioned Iron man suit. Need I mention the newts and salamanders saying?

That’s garbage their are plenty of Exo-suits/Exoskeleton( by the way they are not the same thing so using a slash between them is misleading) that have armor.
You want an example here you go

It’s even called a mech in one comic too! So they are the same thing in the view of those writers.

I understand where you are coming from but I think both sides have made their fair share of mistakes:[quote=“Omega_Tahu, post:21, topic:36786”]
It’s not my moc by the way.
[/quote]

Don’t feel to bad just call them Mechs it’s easier and in the real world they are all actually mechs.

1 Like

They are all called mechs but they use terms like exo suits or power armor to get more specific.

Not to mention, the exo suits you compared this exo skeleton to have vastly different purposes. Those are meant for combat and therefore will have armor and no holes. This is meant for travelling and just getting around. Therefore it looks more industrial.

Mistakes? I found the spot you said your moc btw :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Or the writer didn’t want to bog down the comic with technical terms.

1 Like

Or If you want to get more aggressively nit-picky

You mean the thing I never said, my dude?:grimacing:

Or They knew it didn’t really matter because they were the same thing.

Actually Bat Man first developed that Exo-suit to be used in places with extreme heat, Like mining. Good thing I’m a comic’s nerd to point out when your wrong.

How? It’s true. Using the car ananlogy, race cars, trucks, and RVs are all cars but they’re vastly different. Hence the need for more specific names.

Except I’m still not wrong. This is not built for places with extreme heat. It’s meant for travelling around.

2 Likes

Good to know you attack people and not their arguments.

Yes but if a gut says a race-car is a tank then I can say it’s a car.

Batman’s suit is used for traveling around just like this moc. The area it moves around in is irrelevant. They both serve the same basic need.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here.

The area it moves around is entirely relevant. A civilian car is not going to last anywhere as long as a tank in a warzone. A tank is not going to win when racing a racecar. A plane won’t survive in space, and a spacecraft won’t float. Batman’s suit is built for heat and needs appropriate armor. This isn’t meant for such extreme environments and therefore doesn’t need such armor.

Jeez guys. Not gonna lie, but this argument is pretty dumb. You two are adding nothing to the conversation.

3 Likes

Giving me a reason to eat popcorn

8 Likes

Right… but this MOC isn’t supposed to be a suit of armor (nor did I ever claim it was :no_mouth: ) like the Iron Man suit. Also the pilot kind of clips onto the front of it and hangs there (sort of like the 2002 Boxor which also is not a suit of armor).
In R.O.A. the A stands for Armature, which in sculpting, is a metal framework that is used to give a general shape and structure to a sculpture, so even the name kind of indicates that it isn’t a suit of armor…

2 Likes

But hat set didn’t have two gaping holes in the back just because it has a pilot.

Except oh wait you did, refer to it as a suit of armor :wink:

Like I stated previously, those gaps are a design choice (not an excuse) that allow a wide range of torso articulation.

Also, here is an image of a sculpting armature just to show you where I was aiming for with this MOC:

(Also, the Boxor had way more gaps than this MOC does)

Except, oh wait, I never anywhere in this thread said that this was a suit of armor. I said that it was a suit- not an armor suit- but just a suit. In fact at one point I explicitly stated that this was not a suit of armor:[quote=“Constraction_Deva, post:36, topic:36786”]
this is in fact an exoskeleton and not armor.
[/quote]

2 Likes

What are you two even arguing about? What type of mech this thing is? I’m sorry, but this whole argument is pretty pointless. And jeez, if @eryhehweh thinks your moc has big gaping holes, you can either take that criticism and ignore it, or use it to improve on your mocing, which oh yeah, you already did. You two seem like you’re arguing for the sake of arguing! This is a Lego Creations topic, not an argument thread! Take or ignore the criticism, and jeez, move on!

I agree I just wanted to express my right to criticize what was in my opinion a major flaw in an Mech/exo-sut/exoskeleton (Even though they are all the same thing). After all if I use an ex-skeleton then fall down on a large spike and get impaled because there were two gaping holes, that seems like a major flaw.

@eryhehweh, @Stuubh, @IonicNova, you’re all suspended for a week. Maybe in 7 days you will have thought about how your actions were rude, disrespectful, and deplorable. This should have been civil and certain people should not have gotten involved.

See you next week.

10 Likes

I love the way this MOC looks, it’d be cool if you could add more teal, but it’s not really a very common part colour so it’s fine as is. Great work!

4 Likes