Razer V5.0

Yet another version of my SelfMoc, Razer. My selfmoc, as evident from the title, has been through a lot but this is the first version I’m really happy with.

Not super big on story but I’ll give ya’ll a quick rundown. Here we go!

Razer, unlike the other Toa and matoran, is not biomechanical, he’s 100% mechanical. Built by the great (technically criminal) Tulon he has much trouble understanding and feeling emotions. This not only makes him a terrible conversation partner but also makes usually moral decisions into very logical decisions. He uses this excuse the exempt himself from the Toa code, although only killing when necessary. Other than that, he was built with inspiration from both Kopaka and Matoro, giving him great intelligence and quick reactions.

He carries two voltblades, a very fancy name for a very simple pair of underarm, oversized swords. They were originally recoloured unity blades until I ordered these. I do realise they’re massive - sadly I didn’t when I bought them.

And yes, that is a recoloured 2016 akaku (or mask of ice), as is the torso armour. And if you’re interested I used Gail’s because it sucks. I use sharpie for my colours because I bought acrylic paint and it didn’t work as well. I buy a dedicated sharpie for each colour I ss as it kinda ruins the tip! XD

The build is embarrassingly simple. It’s literally just a Uniter torso, CCBS arms (with interesting armour I guess) and very simple custom legs. I like the shaping though.

Oh I almost forgot, he has an SMG (sub machine gun, I had to Google it XD) on his hip. It’s okay it I’m quite new to the whole ‘realsitic’ weapon side of moccing.

Action poses and such. I only had a little trouble posing him because the friction in his legs is mediocre at best. He’s a tall boi I guess.

Lastly, the mag in his gun is compatible with the other guns I’ve made. Don’t know why, just is.
Well, if you made it to here, thanks! C & C appreciated! Bai!

21 Likes

I think it’s the best version yet.

1 Like

Yep, same. I’ve got more coming buddy, even another vehicle! :open_mouth:
@BrokenAxels Yeah, I was thinking that. If those connector pieces came in purple I’d be all over them…
@BlackboltJohnson Really well actually. It tends to come off a little after a while but I just redo the colour every two weeks or so and it’s fixed. It only comes off if you actually use it though, for diaplay it works amazing. Keep in mind that it only really works on brighter colours, the white of the akaku is perfect for a recolour.

1 Like

Its good, but needs purple in the legs

2 Likes

That color purple is fantastic. How well does it adhere to the plastic without smearing?

I use acrylic paints because they adhere really well without chipping or rubbing. But they lack that shiny finish that you’ve got here. Maybe I’ll do a Sharpie test at some point.

2 Likes

I like that recollection of the mask, looks pretty cool

1 Like

Terrible photogoraphy. If you can’t hold your camera/phone still then use a tripod. You’ve got plenty of technic parts to make one if you don’t specifically own one.

1 Like