Reasons your family doesn't like TTV (and/or Bonkle)

My little brother and I are the only ones who like bonkles. As for TTV, my mom isn’t such a big fan of @Mesonak. She thinks he’s like, a weirdo… idk why. Then again, she can’t tell Meso and Ven’s voices apart. She’s ok with the rest though.

3 Likes

My family don’t really pay much mind as to what my interests are. I’ve long since left the nest so it doesn’t really matter to them. My Mum is pretty supportive about it however my Dad finds it a little strange but he understands everyone’s into different things and that I’m a grown man now and can make my own decisions as to what I like.

4 Likes

I feel as though I’m the only one here who’s parents actually like Bionicle.
When I told my mom that the next episodes of JTO were coming out soon, she was like, “wanna watch them together?” XD.

10 Likes

You are a very lucky person. I wish I could get my family to enjoy LEGO the way all of us here do.

3 Likes

Savor these moments, you lucky punk. XP

3 Likes

Actually, my family enjoy seeing my mocs. They’re pretty chill with whatever creative outlet I choose to use.

2 Likes

My parents hate BIONICLE because It’s aimed at children and they really want me to do “Mature” things for whatever reason :stuck_out_tongue:. One time I was buying a game (I think Pokemon Y or Alpha Sapphire) and they tried to get me to buy Call of Duty instead, just because it’s more violent and rated “M”. I’m not sure they’re aware of TTV specifically, but one time I was listening to a TTV podcast and my Mom asked me what I was watching, I told her, and she gave me a dirty look and walked away.

8 Likes

I can’t say any of my family has had any problems with it. Actually my parents were the ones who introduced me to Bionicle in the first place. When it comes down to it, being a nerd runs in the family.

8 Likes

That’s actually really funny. Usually parents are trying to get their kids away from the M rated stuff. :joy:

6 Likes

Mom: Hey son what are you doing?
Me: Listening to a podcast /TTV, weekly pull etc/
Mom: Thats cool and all, but don’t you wanna go out with friends and come home late at 2am?

Dad: son, what’re you doing?
Me: listening to a podcast.
Dad: great, but you better go out with friends later.

My parents are the least Asian Asian parents

11 Likes

I found that your parents want to do mature things, and I reminded you that Call of Duty series isn’t the right chose for you because it’s make for “Real” Gamers.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean Camp of Duty? (Whoops, off topic.)

2 Likes

I can say that I think it’s fine to have interest in Bionicle at any age, but I think it’s very unsafe to play rated M games underaged. (I don’t think you’re underaged, but I seriously question why your parents would encourage you to be exposed to content like that, even at the appropriate age.)

My parents are fine with Bionicle for the most part. My dad isn’t around too often, so I don’t know his thoughts, but he’s seen some of my MOCs, and he thinks they’re cool. My mom very supportive of it. She will come with me to Bricks and Minifigs and listens to what I have say if I mention it, like yesterday. She is also supportive of any MOC I show her.

3 Likes

My family was killed by TTV.

I spend my days as a moderator, trying to get as close as possible to the enemy, so that one day, I may strike.

23 Likes

Note to self: watch out for Indi.

15 Likes

My parents have never had any issues with Bionicle or TTV. They bought me sets when I was little and they actually thought they were cool even though they weren’t really fans themselves. I discovered TTV myself so they didn’t know about it until later, but they’ve never complained about it, I’ve brought stuff up from it every now and then.

I never heard of this happening😂

2 Likes

My parents have no idea what TTV is, but they fully approve of my hobby, and are even enthusiastic about it, which I’m very thankful for.

6 Likes

Same, mate.

1 Like

Same.

The only thing with mine is that they thinkit feeds my habit of spending obscene amounts of money on Bionicle and system sets for New Stud City(My city building project)

1 Like