Reasons your family doesn't like TTV (and/or Bonkle)

This should be the definition of Parenting.

4 Likes

“You can’t peel a car”, “Wifi radiation”, “Box of useless junk”.

I wonder why.

9 Likes

Wouldn’t that just be “Eljay is an idiot”?

14 Likes

My family all really enjoy Lego, though Bionicle is a part most of them have never really taken notice of besides when they’re buying me presents. Me and my (annoying) little brother are the only ones who actually make a serious hobby out of it, though my (slightly less annoying) older brother knows almost as much lore as I do (which is basically everything). My little sister was semi-interested in HF before she found the internet.

1 Like

Alright so time for a story.
So I was listening to TTV and my three year old brother walked into the room. Well Kahi was arguing about something and my brother asked if that was Kahi (You wouldn’t believe how smart he is). He told me Kahi was the red glasses guy, (from my civil war ■■■■■) to which I responded yes and he gave a small cheer. Then he continued to guess the names of the cast members with the other voices (like I said, smart,) with me helping him practice pronunciations. He nailed them.
Well my mom walked in and she wasn’t quite as proud of him as I was. She told me there were better things I could be teaching him in my free time than the names of some bionicle guys on an internet show (which is true) and told me that I shouldn’t talk to him anymore about it.
Just my fortune that for some reason, not of my doing, all my brothers had a surge of bionicle go through their veins and now they’re watching journey to one and stuff.

R.I.P. Me.
Go over to my epitaph to see my gravestone header.

6 Likes

Aren’t more converts a good thing? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, G2’s gone, which may have crushed their hopes and dreams. :stuck_out_tongue:

Surely there is a better way for them to experience bonkle than that.

Cool story though.

Normally yes, but when my collection is on the line…

my parents judge me silently

except when i buy new sets

then they judge me directly to my face

11 Likes

Yeah, my family doesn’t really care. In the past, my dad said some degrading things about the comics (and reasonably so, as he was complaining about how it explained so little).

As for TTV, my parents literally don’t care at all, except for the amount of time I’ve spent listening to their content (yet again, notably so. Listening to 190 hour-or-more long episodes is rather time consuming).

As for my brother (older brother that is), he hates you guys. Goes on an on about how you have no sense of humour, blah, blah, blah, Eljay is a [insert choice swearword], and the rest of them are [insert choice insult].

Maybe that’s just because we’re brothers, but he still hates your sense of humour (opposite of me, as the dry, sarcastic, insulting, hate-filled, salty humour is my favourite kind :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As for Bionicle, my mom doesn’t really care and kinda likes my Mocs, but my dad hates that I play with “little kid toys” instead of doing “big kid things” like playing with power tools, or fix vehicles, or sneak out in the middle of the night. Yeah, he’s a little…stereotypical, I guess is how I can put it.

And they couldn’t care less about TTV

2 Likes

that’s the exact same case with my family

I play with little kid toys and big kid toys. You’d be surprised how much fun you can have with a sawzall and… I mean, er, don’t mess around with power tools kiddos. They’re dangerous.

2 Likes

My dad wants me to get into older stuff (which I am, I enjoy big toys quote alot) but he doesn’t give me a chance to show I like big toys.

For instance I can’t even go practice withowithout getting the key to his safe from him cause he locked up the arrows. And he ran around with a shotgun by himself when he was 12!

1 Like

My family doesn’t really know what TTV is either, but as for the Bionicle part?
My brother and dad seem to like them, but my mom and sister think they’re weird, ugly and…demonic. Yup, my mom actually used demonic to describe Bonkles…

1 Like

Oh come on! Bonkles never look demonic! /s

7 Likes

Looking back my family was great about bionicle my mom used to help me build the sets when i was younger, and when i was 10 my dad (being a photographer) did a photo-shoot of my favorite mocs.

2 Likes

Neva Eva!

My dad actually helped me with photography skills so I could photograph my MOCs better. I never ask for help for anything, but he saw me struggling and gave me some great tips. He never questioned my usage of an entire bookshelf to put my MOCs up, and would occasionally pose them to mess with me while I was gone.

I have awesome parents.

6 Likes