REBOOT: Matoro Mahri

In a distant future, six Toa descend deep into murky depths far away from the coast of Okoto. One such Toa is Matoro, a hesitant Master of Ice. Armed with his Ice Hooks, Cordak Blaster and his trusty Mahri Dagger, Matoro is sure to prove his bravery, even if it means wearing a cursed, ancient mask…

142 Likes

That Cordak blaster is so clever.

11 Likes

I absolutely love this MOC. It looks so good. I love the sand blue and the Cordak blaster.

7 Likes

Simply fantastic. The design manages to stay true to the character, and the cleaner, streamlined look of CCBS really fits for the underwater environment. His Cordak Blaster has a neat design, too.

Will you be doing any of the other Mahri?

5 Likes

Now this, this hits extremely close to home for me. Funnily enough, I though Matoro was the leader of the Toa when I was a kid. I watched that trailer so many times and thought that since Matoro ended with the Mask of Life, he was the leader, which was kind of flawed logic, but I was a kid, so that’s common.
Anyways, just looking at this makes me want to build it myself and even built the rest of the Toa Mahri in the same fashion. Unfortunately, I currently don’t have access to my stuff or can get the pieces online at the moment.
Nonetheless, thiss is really great!

8 Likes

Looks fantastic! my only minor gripe would be that he looks a bit bland, mainly on the chest.

3 Likes

THIS IS AMAZING!!! Perfect update to the old figure.

4 Likes

Dude this is absolutely spectacular!!!
I love the way you used those sand blue shells, and that cordak blaster is brilliant.
Are you gonna remake any of the other Toa Mahri?

4 Likes

He looks a little stumpy, but I love him anyways! Genius!

I hope you do more of the Mahri, in terms of design they’re some of my favorites!

3 Likes

The sand blue works so well with this MOC, and he just looks really good.
Awesome MOC.

3 Likes

Favourite revamp I’ve ever seen, hands down, you deserve infinite praise

3 Likes

You really are the greatest bionicle MOCer on the boards. Every creation I see from you is amazing! This one’s no exception. The Kordak blaster is really clever.

3 Likes

I love it!
It is very recognizably Matoro and yet still has the polished, smooth, G2 aesthetic

3 Likes

I love the design! It works wonderfully, and the Cordak Blaster design is especially creative.

4 Likes

Amazing work dude!

2 Likes

This is great.
In my opinion the chest armour looks a tad odd, but I really love this MOC. :heart_eyes:
I love the minimalistic and clean style of all your MOCs and wish the actual sets we got through 2015-2016 were much closer to your designs and/or interpretations.

[spoiler]0/10 tho, no gold Ignika

/s ;)[/spoiler]

2 Likes

I would very much like to see how Jaller Mahri would look like, heck all of the Mahri.

3 Likes

I love the cordak blaster, this whole moc is so well made

2 Likes

It looks so streamlined. I love it!

2 Likes

Amazing.
I really didn’t like the Mahri in hindsight, and Matoro had it bad in my opinion. But this looks sooo good and it still looks like the old Toa Mahri, I love it!
And I love how these are Masters off the coast of Okoto. I love it when people run anthologies and counterparts between G1 and G2.
DAT CORDAK BLASTR THO

3 Likes