REBOOT: Matoro Mahri

Love the Cordak Blaster. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

As the others have said, the design for the Cordak blaster is brilliant.

As for the rest of the MOC, it does a very good job with retaining the things that made the original set memorable, but also gives a fresh and updated feeling to it.

3 Likes

Being a huge Matoro fan (I yelled out his name when I first got the matron set as a 4 year old), this is really cool to see. This definitely seems like a rebooted version of him and it fits in with G2’s style well, but still has hints of Matoro’s previous incarnations.
OraNui seal of approval given

2 Likes

Lemme just say, having been following you on tumblr for a long time now (myundertaletrashbin in case you ask), it’s awesome seeing you on here now! I definitely havent seen those WIP pics on tumblr before, did you post them there or are these the first time youve shown em?

2 Likes

WIP pics?

I think they mean the pictures of the internals.

1 Like

Images aren’t loading for me. RIP.

1 Like

The internals and whatnot, I just always call those WIP pics for some reason.

1 Like

Those are actually in the original post :slight_smile:

how could i have been so bliiiiiind?

1 Like

I am fascinated to see how his works have evolved over time from the old-school bionicle to the full use of ccbs-technic. I like it above all because the result is solid and clean at the same time and every character you make preserves its original essence without problems.

Keep it up !!

1 Like

This is a really good revamp. I like how you tried to make a cordak blaster without the actual piece and I feel like it worked perfectly

2 Likes

Amazing! I wonder what Jaller would look like.

1 Like

Love the cordak blaster design!

HOLY GADUNKA!!! this is stellar. Are you doing more mahri?

1 Like

Holy moly, now this is something I didn’t think I wanted to see until I saw it. This is fantastic, and the Cordak Blaster is so clever, I’m disappointed in myself for not noticing the parallels between the original, and the new stud shooters we got for G2.

This is so darn inspiring that I’m tempted to try and make some of the other Mahri as well, but I feel that would be too copycat-ish given you started with Matoro. that, and that Cordak design would need to be used, and while giving credit is a thing, it still wouldn’t feel right given that blaster ties it together so well with how creative it is. Honestly, this is fantastic, and if you make the rest, I eagerly await to see that.

Fantastic work! I am in awe of that torso. It looks like a custom version of the 2016 Toa function

1 Like

Very well done!